FanFiction Illustrations Contest

Ventessel

So... is this a request for a commission? Because if you don't mind my art style, I'd draw some characters if you're making this a commission. But I don't see why people would rush to draw other people's characters with only a chance of their hard work being recognized, and for no other gain.

Were I publishing my story, I'd commission the art. However, it's just a fan piece, and I'm more curious to see how artists interpret the characters I've written.

I'm writing the story mainly for the enjoyment of it, and the art people post here is usually drawn or created because they enjoy doing so. Any of the artists here who read over the story and like it are welcome to post any art inspired by my story. I suppose if it generates enough interest, I might try providing some kind of in-game incentive, be it credits or maybe some items I've got laying around, but mainly I'm just looking to see how other people envision the characters I've created.

Were I publishing my story, I'd commission the art. However, it's just a fan piece, and I'm more curious to see how artists interpret the characters I've written.

I'm writing the story mainly for the enjoyment of it, and the art people post here is usually drawn or created because they enjoy doing so. Any of the artists here who read over the story and like it are welcome to post any art inspired by my story. I suppose if it generates enough interest, I might try providing some kind of in-game incentive, be it credits or maybe some items I've got laying around, but mainly I'm just looking to see how other people envision the characters I've created.

I'm only going to say this once:

If art of your story happens, it happens.

You're making yourself look expectant of it, making a thread saying "Here's a posting spot! :D" Do yourself a favor and stop advertising that your fic is linked in your sig, and just write the thing. If people read it, people read it. If some of our artists feel inspired enough to draw it, they will let you know.

I'm only going to say this once:

If art of your story happens, it happens.

You're making yourself look expectant of it, making a thread saying "Here's a posting spot! :D" Do yourself a favor and stop advertising that your fic is linked in your sig, and just write the thing. If people read it, people read it. If some of our artists feel inspired enough to draw it, they will let you know.

I see your point, I guess I created this thread in a fit of organizational OCD. I tend to work with a very top down approach, and while not an artist myself, my brother sketched one of the characters after reading a draft of the fic.

From there, I was curious to see if I'd inspired any other artists, since one of the benchmarks every writer tries to reach is to generate an image in their reader's mind that matches what the writer is envisioning. At that point, the organizational habits kicked in and I went into "project management mode" and created the thread as a sort of catch-all safety net.