The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Main character

Clonecaptia

I just wanted to hear some peoples thoughts on which character i should have as my main.

I have played all 8 ac's to lvl 15, some further than 15 and im not sure which ones to carry on with.

I have a sage, gunslinger, sentinel , vanguard (lvl28), juggernaut(lvl28), operative, mercenary and an assassin.

I would like a class which can do a fair amount of damage but also some survivability too. I do both PVE and PVP but focusing more towards PVP. I quite like staying out of main combat and using ranged attacks but it is not too big an issue. I like stealth but again it is not a requirement. One thing is a find vanguard and sentinel get a bit boring after a while so they are probably less likely to be my main. Taking into account storyline ,companions, etc, which character do you guys think should be my main? And ideas would be appreciated.

I just wanted to hear some peoples thoughts on which character i should have as my main.

I have played all 8 ac's to lvl 15, some further than 15 and im not sure which ones to carry on with.

I have a sage, gunslinger, sentinel , vanguard (lvl28), juggernaut(lvl28), operative, mercenary and an assassin.

I would like a class which can do a fair amount of damage but also some survivability too. I do both PVE and PVP but focusing more towards PVP. I quite like staying out of main combat and using ranged attacks but it is not too big an issue. I like stealth but again it is not a requirement. One thing is a find vanguard and sentinel get a bit boring after a while so they are probably less likely to be my main. Taking into account storyline ,companions, etc, which character do you guys think should be my main? And ideas would be appreciated.

Why have a main? Why not enjoy levelling them all over a long period of time, savouring the differences between them? Level them your way, maybe focus on one for a time, then another, or play a different one each day, or whatever tickles your fancy. Spec and gear each character as best fits your playstyle. Maybe just have one or two for PvP, and the rest just for PvE.

The possibilities are endless. You know yourself better than anyone, and will ultimately only be happy with the choice or choices you make yourself.

Just do what I do and play them all :D play for a while on one until you feel like switching to a different one. They're not going anywhere :3

This is me as well :)

Although I did have a main, sorc when I first started, after leveling up a few more characters, I sort of moved away from the "main" thing and they all became my mains. :D

Well, out of the three ranged DPS classes, I have a 50 Sniper and 50 Sorcerer. Sniper has incredible burst and pretty good defensive cooldowns, but no self healing besides stims/specced into engi for 6% heal.

Sorcerer is great DPS aswell but can be a bit boring since it's basically the same attack over and over. They are pretty easily killed if you get snared and focused on, though you can kite if you play smartly and heal up. For PvE as far as I can remember Sorcerer was pretty faceroll. Force Storm has good damage and stuns weak mobs, and if you spec into full lightning/lightning hybrid you also get the chain lightning procs for a lovely AoE attack.

Sorc was not in OP's list.

P.S. And... sorcs are so mainstream!

Wait till you see all the Snipers in 2.0

I just fully geared out my Sniper in WH and augments about a week before the trees were released for 2.0 classes and now all the baddies are rolling Sniper just to be FoTM to fuel their egos, it's completely put me off playing Sniper.

Edited by WaldoA