Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Gear 50-54 Post 2.0

DarthBama

I have not seen much discussion on this issue presumably because people are insta-55ing on the PTS. Does the WH and EWH become useless during the leveling process to 55 (ie using PvE gear and relying on the bolster for expertise).

I have the same question too. I'm not really sure what it will be like. Will my fully augmented EWH sorc be a god in the new bracket, or will gear give me less of an advantage then it did way back when level 50s with Battlemaster (top-notch gear back then) competed with under-50s? Edited by Solarenergy

I feel like everyone is just going to have to experiment once it goes live.

Like should i wear my min-maxed WH? Or should I wear my min-maxed Dread Guard Gear? Should I wear WH gear with PvE weapons (for the tech power and weapon damage)? Should I wear nothing but my weapons and toothpick?

I honestly think the best way to deal with the confusion of bolster is to simply swap gear out like crazy in your first couple of 2.0 WZs and look at your stats. Because unless I missed something, there doesn't seem to be much of an agreement among the users as to how this new bolster is going to affect the 50-54 brackets.

Especially when new 50s are coming in. How much of an advantage is full dread guard (in PvP) over recruit / black hole / whatever (tionese? columi? rakata? leveling blues and greens?) How much is EWH going to give me? How much is min-maxed WH going to give me.

Basically, a lot of questions. No answers.

Especially when new 50s are coming in. How much of an advantage is full dread guard (in PvP) over recruit / black hole / whatever (tionese? columi? rakata? leveling blues and greens?) How much is EWH going to give me? How much is min-maxed WH going to give me.

Basically, a lot of questions. No answers.

As I said, people who pvp currently, say bolster works that way, that it's better to go naked then DG/EWH.

No more Twinks(?)

Edited by Atramar
typo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.