The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Certificate in EVERY Pack

dscount

Every cartel pack opened should be dropping a certificate or that item should be removed completely from game.

Especially if items are going to cost REP + 10 Certificates + Credits.

I'm sorry Bioware - This is going to have the OPPOSITE reaction you expect. I'll buy even LESS now that I know those certificates drop ratio is terrible. On top of this you expect people to do it all over again for the next set of Cartel Packs that are coming next? (IE: Rep grind all over again)

SUGGESTIONS:

• Every Cartel Pack drops a single Certificate (no questions asked - just do it as this is going to fail as-is)
  • Remove the whole certificate from the system - Seems pointless if we are already grinding REP to purchase.
  • Rep grind should be a one time thing and not required for each set of packs in the future.

Edited by dscount

So you want every pack to have one so everyone and their lvl 1 alt can have a revan mask?

Point of them existing is the consolation prize for people who do buy a lot of packs and get nothing good out of them.

If they wanted to put one in every pack, they would have to balance it by sky rocketing the cost of the items in there.

Revan Mask? 300 certificates

Domination Throne Mount? 280 certificates.

Why they cost legend rank as well.

What people dont get this is the Contraband Pack Faction.

THERE ARE ONLY 2 packs out that are of the Contraband pack series, out of the 5. People are busy freaking out they have to buy ALL OF THIS ONE PACK. when more of this pack series is underway.

Edited by Magnusheart

• 1 month later...

I opened over 10 packs and no certificate! Why? I like to have the Revan mask and the Aratech mount but if in 10 of them no certificate for what to buy any more? Any way most of the items are no good!

And i am a subscriber!

Edited by ionutjany

I do agree that drop rates at times are a bit concerning, however, 1 in each pack is a bit much.... having 10 + rep gets you to a super rare from the CM vendor on fleet, and your rep needs to be Legendary anyways. Remember, this program of "rewards" is for frequent buyers, those who spend, have a better chance to buy a super rare directly. I honestly will not knock them for a "reward" program, its not going to reward everyone though. Like a Credit Card cash back, those who spend more, get more.....

I do think 1 per 5 packs would be fair, but it is random... when I got my last crate, I opened up 12 of the packs packs, got a big fat 0 and sold the other 12, not even a super rare drop. I have purchased a few more off GTN since, really cheap and opened about 10, got 4 certificates and a few super rare drops, and a decent supply of rep points.... Based on my last 10, I can't complain.

This is the problem with "random" its hit or miss.... every month they will have haters and lovers, depending on their luck.

My only big complaint is junk, like jawagrams, in rare slots.... If I do not get enough rep or certificates to get a super rare from the vendor, than I either pay up or I pass on it.... Because of the junk in rare slots, I have boycotted using real money for packs now, Ill let others do it and Ill buy them cheap off the GTN instead, when I am in the mood to "gamble".

"gamble" is the key word here and the odds favor the house.... keep that in mind. :)

Edited by Themanthatisi