The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Power Up

With the new level cap coming, and to give something to look forward to at higher legacy levels, how about selling some power up items for CC that you can click to have an instant boost to level 50? Make them require some significant legacy level like 20 or 30.

With the new level cap coming, and to give something to look forward to at higher legacy levels, how about selling some power up items for CC that you can click to have an instant boost to level 50? Make them require some significant legacy level like 20 or 30.

Legacy level 20 or 30, significant... really?

That's almost done when you first hit 50, and by the time you'll have 4 level 50 toons you'll probably be close to the 50th Legacy level.

So, really... not a good idea, even considering you require Legacy level 50.

The best SW:TOR has to offer is storyline quests, so, the limit would be Legacy level 50 + base class storyline finished = same base class new character beginning 50 with all his companions and storyline done.

Legacy level 20 or 30, significant... really?

That's almost done when you first hit 50, and by the time you'll have 4 level 50 toons you'll probably be close to the 50th Legacy level.

So, really... not a good idea, even considering you require Legacy level 50.

The best SW:TOR has to offer is storyline quests, so, the limit would be Legacy level 50 + base class storyline finished = same base class new character beginning 50 with all his companions and storyline done.

Not quite. I have two 50s and a 41 on the way up. Legacy is at 26. Now if you use your fifties and grind the dailies, you will fly through legacy levels. But just attaining them doesn't do that much.

Not quite. I have two 50s and a 41 on the way up. Legacy is at 26. Now if you use your fifties and grind the dailies, you will fly through legacy levels. But just attaining them doesn't do that much.

This. I hit Legacy 30 on my fourth 50. I don't do daily grinds or gear grinds. Either way, if you have hit Legacy 30 with just one 50, then you've done at least as much work as it takes to level four characters to 50, leaving aside the gear grind. That means you've probably got at least one toon of each base class, and that's more than enough time in game to justify skipping the leveling snooze to 50 for future alts.

That would most likely cause a mass exodus from this game. Just look at what rep did.

No it wouldn't. And there is nothing that suggets that rep did either. In-game populations are as high now as I have ever seen them, and if anything they continue to (slowly) grow.

Other games allow you to start a new character at 80-90% of max level once you have a single toon maxed out. If anything it makes people stay longer and play more, because they can roll more alts with less grind.

This would require you to have between two and four characters at 50, or to have done at least as much work as what that takes. Given that this game revolves around altaholism, it would only help to keep people around.

Edited by Heezdedjim

What other games?

And Rep caused a lot of posts of angry people on the forums. Some (supposedly) unsubbing.

People are now looking out for any sings of this game going P2W. Making something (no matter the requirements) that gives you a max or close to max character that is paid with money will lead to people believing this game is going p2w.

Personally, that would be the sign that this game is p2w. (Among other possible things)

I would prefer either a single perk that increases ALL xp gained by 50% or the xp booster items you can get to give double xp instead of 25%.

I prefer to do quests to level up, not just press a button to get to level 50, though i do understand that some planets are just horrible, which is why double xp boosters is preferrable since then, you can do the planets you love and just do the bare minimum on the planets you hate.

ie. Taris, Voss. lol

What other games?

And Rep caused a lot of posts of angry people on the forums. Some (supposedly) unsubbing.

People are now looking out for any sings of this game going P2W. Making something (no matter the requirements) that gives you a max or close to max character that is paid with money will lead to people believing this game is going p2w.

Personally, that would be the sign that this game is p2w. (Among other possible things)

The only game i know that allows that is wow and thats only the death knight and that class is totally crap, they totally butchered it, likely cause pvp was crying like babies or something, since blizzard only goes by what pvp'ers want.