The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

need help preping for 2.0

Caoboi

I plan on staying full pyro but with the changes to stats what should my crit/surge be now?

Should i still go for the eliminator set for RS set bonus?

Power or aim augments?

Any insite would be much appreciated, i plan on doing pvp only after the grind to 55

Edited by Caoboi

I plan on staying full pyro but with the changes to stats what should my crit/surge be now?

Should i still go for the eliminator set for RS set bonus?

Power or aim augments?

Any insite would be much appreciated, i plan on doing pvp only after the grind to 55

from what i saw this morning looks like we will be going full pyro with TD.

neva use stock gear,

even thou power augs give slightly more power than aim aug u get more benefit from aim because of the crit you get with it also.

atm crit is pretty screwed up on PTS im not sure yet what the majority will be doing but im just going to stack power mods. when i say screwed up i dont mean buged or anything u just get alot less now than we do on live i only have about 25% crit atm

TD is **** now..

because it was great before and every PvE player used it.....

imo its better than it was, but as ive said before in other posts i didnt have time to check all specs out before i left for work.

but unfortunatly most if not all people who say how **** it is and how this spec is better than this other spec have no prof or parsers to back up what they are saying, so untill someone puts something up its all hearsay.

only prsers i have any interest in now are ones from this morning.

Wow, you PVE players realy don't know how to read.

he clearly stated he will only be PVP'ing whn he hits 55, so who cares about parses?

Here is my PVP Parse:

Sets up Thermal Detonator, hits for 1.9k (doesn't crit)

Sets up Thermal Detonator, hits for 4.2k (crits)

This was with 20% crit rate, rest power/surge.

Thats a burst reduction of about 1.5-2.5k

TD was, and always was, a solid PVP ability. They have no made it completely redundant for both PVP (hits less than Railshot..a lot less, when it used to be our biggest hit) and its just as bad for PVE.

Don't bothe with full Pyro, period, if this change is kept.

I cant see Bioware EVER balancing PVP or PVE in 1 tree, there should be one PVE dps tree and one PVP dps tree. Mixing both in one is just stupid.

Edited by Malds

Yea i have been reading around and the TD change has made me reconsidered hybrid specs again but apparently they locked that down as well.

Is it true they readjusted the crit?

Is CGC just a tickle on the elbow now?

And do you think the Shoulder Cannon missiles (x4 not respecting GCD) will make up in the dps lost?