need help

soulzreaper

i just need the linkn with the pc instructions on how to turn off the run feature, the arro, backround programs and so on i might just be blind but i cant find it. plz link.

Can you elaborate on your problem? I'm not understanding you.

no i need the one where its shows how to shutdown added features on your computer.

Here is a list of .ini tweaks to boost performance.

For this to work, you have to unhide your C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\SWTOR folder!

NOTE: These settings are not my own, this is a copy/paste. Tweak to your own liking. You will then need to save the file, right click it, and set to read-only, as the game will overwrite it when you restart!

Also, texture quality set at 0 is the setting you want! Trust me!

PLEASE BUMP AND STICKY!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Renderer]

Height = 1200

Width = 1920

WindowX = 0

WindowY = 0

DynamicLightsLimit = 2

MeshLODQuality = 1

TextureAnisotropy = 16

FarClipScale = 3.9371195

PlantDensity = 150

D3DFullScreen = true

NativeHeight = 1200

NativeWidth = 1920

doShadows = true

doBlobShadows = true

UseMinSpecShaders = false

EnableBloom = true

VerticalSyncState = true

FullScreen = true

TextureQuality = 0

AllowDepthOfField = true

GammaRamp = 1.037854

SpeedTreeDistanceScale = 1.25

AntiAliasingLevel = 2

enableadvenvirolighting = true

DebugAdvEnviroLighting = true

[Game]

MoviesFolder = ....\Movies

SwtorRegKey = SOFTWARE\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

As for what you're talking about, I recommend downloading CCleaner. It's an easy to use System tool that can help you easily control what programs are running on start up and some other things that will boost your computers performance.

You can find it here.

i love you for trying but im talking about how to shutdown features on my computer to increase the performance by making it require less to have the pc function.

My most recent post will probably help you out a lot. I can't find any guide, but this will help you out a great deal. It has for me in the past.

The manual way to find things to shut down is Control-Alt-Delete, then bring up the Task Manager, switch to processes, and close down non-essential programs.

However, you must be very cautious that you not close down anything crucial (i.e. Windows doesn't like it when you end its process).

If you don't know what it is (the Task manager doesn't identify some of them), leave it alone until you find out.

Edit: Just remembered that Windows XP and before don't identify any processes. If you've got XP, look the program names up on google, and find several options from sites before you do anything. There's a lot of troll sites out there that will try to tell you everything is a virus process.

Edited by Thorkir

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.