Aren't we missing 2 lightsaber forms?

Belarm

Which is makashi and niman? Especially niman should be the real rage tree form, since its based on force attacks.

IMO some of the forms should be reworked anyway, so they fit the real description. What do you think? :)

I would prefer how they had it in KOTOR with different forms being used for different jobs. Lightsaber forms are supposed to be changed as the situation warrants (I.e. dropping into soresu to defend against an assault of blaster fire while moving into an offensive form to attack). Right now I believe they are more used as 'stances' in other games, which, although it works, I think it severely detracts from the lore of lightsaber forms

I've always thought they should add a Djem So talent to Vengeance sometime in the future.

correct me if i am wrong but isn't Shien and Djem So pretty much the same form at least that's what i understood

correct me if i am wrong but isn't Shien and Djem So pretty much the same form at least that's what i understood

Both are considered Form V.

Both specialize in using power attacks and in turning opponents attacks against them via countering.

Shien was developed in response to advanced blaster tech.

Djem So is specialized for lightsaber combat. Darth Vader used this style because, as his mobility was hindered, he relied heavily on using the opponents mistakes, as well as having raw power behind his attacks.

Also @ the poster above you. KoTOR wasn't realistic in its portrayal of lightsaber styles. Most masters would specialize in one style (MAYBE two). This is because mastering a style took decades. And you wouldn't use a style you didn't have mastered against a Darth would you? For example Obi Wan Kenobi was considered THE Master of Soresu in his time (unequalled in that style) and he used it pretty much exclusively.

Perhaps, then, there can be a heroic quest that involves getting a bonus to your elected form to increase a stat. For example, completing said quest would trigger a few seconds of a free saber ward every 90 seconds. Something as a nice bonus but not game breaking

the 2 we are missing have really no impact on the game we are missing form 3 and 6. for 6 is the form of moderation so to speak it just is ok at everything while exceling at nothing.

If you go into the lore of teh 300 jedi that died in the battle at geinosia in ep 2 most of them used for 6 as it was used mostly in peace time with exception of Exar Kuun mastering it with a saber staff..

Form 3 is strictly for lightsaber duels it really doesn't serve much purpose during an open war like we are in now.

Form 3 is Soresu and thats in the game.

I'm assuming your thinking of Makashi, Form II. Honestly considering the vast number of Jedi and Sith running around the galaxy right now, I think it would definately be a form in circulation.

Edited by ArenCordial

• 2 weeks later...
agreed but mostly ik hate that no matter wich form you got the animations stay exatcly the same wich is the biggest issue for me since every single form should be quit a lot more different for example ataru form has nothing acrobatic in the game but its description say otherwise, i would say thats whats the most unlikable thing here since vengence juggernaut is what the one who should use ataru form no marauder just because the forms dont match what we see and what their descriptions say