Marauder Hybrid Spec

steoop

Hi fellow Marauders

Just some advice needed.

I'm a Marauder in the Dalborra server and have been playing a carnage spec for a while and before annihilation.

I know marauders are very reliant on a single tree spec and hybrid specs are not used that often or at all.

I am currently experimenting with this spec combo (i stay on ataru form for the big crits)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bsroZhGMRRrrdMZz.2

It's currently working well, but would love to hear to some feedback or advice regarding it.

Also open to suggestion of what other hybrid spec that seems to work for marauders.

I'm only doing this because I want to find news ways of building a marauder rather than the traditional carnage, annihilation and rage specs.

Just want to hear from the more experienced marauders out there who have mastered this class.

Thank you for your help,

Grimjaw

Seraphic Nexus

Dalborra server

You miss on a lot of ataru strike, for some bleeds that will never tick as hard as annihilation.

A lot of carnage damage comes from those ataru proc, and massacre is key to getting them. Through them is your rage generation, and maintaining anni also depends on that much higher generation the upper tree offers.

Deadly saber is nice. But its balanced to be used with 5 stack of juyos boosting its crit.

Yeah, I tried this and it's a dps loss. The thing is that they moved important talents to keep them at the top, else you could already play a hybrid live. Not having Annihilate, Massacre, or Force Crush in your build would be the same live as it is in 2.0.

I can't ever see a hybrid spec being viable for Marauder since all 3 specs are pretty reliant on their 31 point talents. Hybrid spec is good for leveling pre 40 where 31 point talents are not accessible but other the that they arent very viable or effective.