Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Help with keybinds

Kohzar

Greetings fellow marauders,

I was wondering what is the best way to setup your key binds for all the abilities? This is mainly for PvP. I keep mixed answers regarding movement and camera turning. I've heard that I should move with the mouse and key bind your abilities for faster activation.

At the same time I've heard that movement should be done using WSAD and use the mouse for camera turning. The problem with this for me is I find it hard to remember using the shift key + whichever key bind, so I'm forgetting to use half of my abilities.

Basically I am trying to get better so I don't fell like dead weight on my team and be the only marauder who does pitiful damage. I started PvP late and currently have recruit gear, and I know that I'm going to get slaughtered until I can get better gear.

Any thoughts or links you can point me too for best key binds would be helpful.

Thank you,

it's personal.

try practicing rotation with keybinds on fleet dummy or ship dummy. also try putting them in pattern so if you have 3 abilities which will be used one after another, put them in order (ie. 5->6->7), abilities which are situational close to movment (q,e,r,f), things with long cool down under **** (really bioware? 'capital letter button' censored?) or alt combination, etc.

there are no 'one and only' guides to keybindings, do what ever is practical to you on keys easy reachable (my gf can only go to number 4, hardly 5 without looking on keyboard, while I don't have problems using 7 and 8).

Edited by Atramar

The right input hardware will also help you to get more performance in pvp.

A good mechanical keyboard will increase your reaction time by 30%. A lot of them provide nkro when you have an ps2 plug. That means that you can press all buttons simultaneous and all pressed comands will be done .

Here you can get an overview:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/242036/mechanical_keyboards_which_one_is_right_for_you_.html

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide#post_6009482

Maybe you will get a better source of information but that link can help you to start.

Also you can make low settings for your videodevice in swotor client to get a better framerate to increase your reaktion.

Edited by sergos

Ok first go out and spend 80$ on amazon and buy yourself the Steel Series Merc Stealth. it makes this game alot easyer to play because of the side gaming area on it. it makes the 6 through - keys much easyer to get to. then just test out how you like your keybinds on the nearest Ops/WZ dummy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.