Dalborra Ranked Tournament.

Aztang

We have started a discussion on the SnX website for this, but while our website is private and viewable by members only to keep this a community discussion we ask for input and suggestions here:

Can it not be organised so that who plays who is done by the league generator, but the time is organised by the two teams involved? This seems to make more sense. Say, for example, that the default time for all matches is Sunday at 5pm / 7pm / 9pm for 3 weekly matchups respectively, but that teams are free to organise a separate time that works for them both during the week. If the matches is not completed by the end of Sunday evening, it is an automatic forfeit. Perhaps a BO3 system might work well too? Idk, that's something to work out in future, but I think playing at least 2 games would be better than just the one.

This would require, however, some sort of way to verify if one guild had offered several times to play and had done their best to organise the match with the other guild, yet were not helped in response, leading to a forfeit for the team unwilling to play and a default win for the other team. It's an idea, but it needs some refinement.

Unfortunately, I think there also needs to be disclaimers that say excessive bad manner and trolling will not be tolerated, and refusing to play a match simply because your "best team" are not online will also result in a forfeit. This league isn't to see who the best on the server is, we figured out a long time ago that not only is it a close matchup between multiple teams, but also that nobody gives a ****.

Play for fun, don't be a dick. Simple, right?

A league is a great idea. There are some challenges, eg. how to get the server to match up the two correct teams when there are other people queuing, do we accept 4 huttball matches in a row given the system rng etc.

NS will have players very interested to field a team to participate if a suitable arrangement is worked out with committed teams. Also happy to contribute whatever I can to make this happen.

--------------

Well this thread started probably with the right intention, not the best approach but lead to some useful discussions so far.

For the queuing problem I would suggest that a representative of each team jumps in a vent or TS channel and coordinates pressing queue. EG. 4 teams - team 1 and 2 queue, then when they get a pop teams 3 and 4 queue.

Roughly speaking I would like say 8 teams and 3-4 games each week with them all to be completed in a two hour time frame unless arranged and played before that time period. We could set up a draw in advance so we know who will play who weeks in advance. So that would mean only 1 game vs each team a week but over the course of the league you could play each team 2-3 times, depending on how long we run the league for.

Would love to see teams from:

Pizza Cats

TA

Gimp

Ex Hothian

Protean

Proteus

SNX

NS

POA

Corvus

Korvus

Aussie Brutes

Mind Walkers

Death Dealers

etc etc..

Providing of course that they all agree to the no crap talking and bagging out others etc.

I know Snx could probably put two teams together for the league if it's run at a set time each week similar to the dueling contest.

I like the old schedule of Friday night ranked. Not entirely sure what happened to it, but a revival of something along those lines would be awesome. On second thought, it'll be legend, wait-for-it, dary. Legend-dary.

A tournament in its empirical form is bound by time constraints, in that there's a start, and an end. On top of that, it'd be an organisational nightmare to coordinate between multiple 8 man teams with multiple worst-case scenarios possible. For example, if one member of a team's line up calls in sick or doesn't show, what options would be made available then? Would these options be in the spirit of a tournament?

Not trying to dampen your spirits or anything, but I don't see a proper ranked tournament happening on Dalborra any time soon. Willingness and capability is not the issue, it simply is not feasible on a macro organisational scale. Furthermore, you have to take into account individual ego which is enlarged when the individual is under representation of a group. A competitive group tournament, where guild representation is a high likelyhood, might further antagonise the already fiery social situation of the PvP community in Dalborra.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a ranked tournament on Dalborra, I'm just hoping the organisers know what they're getting into. This is on a completely different level from a 1v1 tournament where macro management isn't such a big issue. That being said, I honestly do wish you the best of luck! (:

It doesn't have to be a big tournament with prize pools and a physical end though Cath. The purpose of this is to try and stimulate some effort into actually playing ranked again, and give people a reason to queue, as well as partners to queue against. The bare basics of what needs to happen from an organisational standpoint is gather a list of interested teams, create an RNG-based round-robin pool and post each week with which guild is to play which. The guilds organise a time between themselves and off they go.

I know it's optimistic thinking that everyone will do the right thing, but that's kind of the whole point. This is an effort to create an environment that promotes ranked play throughout the server, and if people want to play ranked then they will take the effort to not dick around.

Shouldn't even need to be a tourny for people to queue for ranked but because our server is full of *****es and can't handle the old trash talk in PvP lets make a tourny with a no flaming rule! because it discourages the bads who don't queue anyway because they no there place I lose so ima go play inhouse for 3months calling it gearing purposes.

/thread

Edited by Frobington

Shouldn't even need to be a tourny for people to queue for ranked but because our server is full of *****es and can't handle the old trash talk in PvP lets make a tourny with a no flaming rule! because it discourages the bads who don't queue anyway because they no there place I lose so ima go play inhouse for 3months calling it gearing purposes.

/thread

/yawn

Go away troll.

/thread

Carth ur such an arogant s**t... ****

/yawn

Go away troll.

Its not a troll its the truth u retarded dumb **** you wont queue because you're afraid you might get trash talked about losing? lol please sticks and stones sweetheart sticks and stones.

Honestly whats the difference about losing a normal wz premade v premade and a ranked wz. In a normal wz you have someone to blame amirite? "my pugs didn't call" Why can't no one from your premade defend so you have someone you KNOW will call INCS blaming pugs is so fkn pathetic when one of your 4 man premade could easily go defend with them or solo defend. who do you blame when you lose a ranked wz? you guild members? you played bad? the other team had a better team strat/comp? but in a normal wz you blame the pugs cooolstorybro 2/10 wouldn't even read again. NO in a normal wz u lost because of your pugs? no you lost because you played stupidly and let a pug defend your own fault l2p issue.

Yet people still keep on doing normal warzones instead of ranked because they have someone to blame when they get slapped lawl.

Carth ur such an arogant s**t... ****

hahahahahahaahahahaha

Edited by Frobington

The purpose of making this a 'tournament', as others have said, is not to award prizes but to encourage more ranked pvp on this server.

The 'no bagging out' policy is to encourage more than the same 3-4 guilds from queueing up. Also, it might be hard for some to realise, but the majority of people who play this GAME do it for fun and place no value on their achievements inside the game when they log out. I know I for one do not include 'Playing SWTOR ranked' on my resumes when applying for jobs.

There are some people who enjoy destroying the server's stability and undermining the work of those good people but we should pay them no mind -- there are a number of great people on this server both republic and imperial. Those who undermine the work of others are obviously unhappy with their lives and need to feel good by trying to bring others down. As has been posted many times, do not get drawn into an argument with them. That validates them. They are like that annoying kid in school who continually tries to hang out with the cool kids. Ignore them, they'll go away. Talk to or about them and they'll think they are popular and will continue being annoying.

I do hope to see this ranked tournament get off the ground for a bit of fun before 2.0 comes out.

Thanks to Woofi, Saedus and Vindrik for being the driving force behind it at this point.

Edited by Atrummos

Disregard this Tournament it won't be organized now, due to a lot of the negativity towards the idea and a lot of drama that has gone on some of which behind the scenes and over a long period of time.

We won't be organizing or participating in anymore community events we will just recluse ourselves at SnX and just work on enjoying the game as a Guild some of our senior members are choosing to quit the game at the end of their subscription due to the drama they feel ruins the game and the time they choose to spend on the Dalborra server.

Thanks heaps to those who showed support for the idea, but the hate on myself mainly and somewhat of my Guild, my good mates have decided this is too much **** to be around and have decided to move on. While I will remain I will remove myself more from a social side of the game in hopes of mending broken bridges over time.

You can count the Ex-Hothian's out. All the PVPers left as quickly as they arrived. It's back to being an adult guild now.

Well, except for Aspect.

If that were true, then I'd be jailbait and you'd potentially be in a lot of trouble. o.O

And Ero, you forgot Ero

^ This.

Just take up PVE.

Kephess doesn't give a **** if you kill him with a bubble stun sorc in your group.

I think we should make Zassiri reroll a Sage, make him go Telekinetics (specifically getting the bubble stun). This way, when he inevitably gets cleaved and dies, the bubble breaks and Kephess gets hit by a two GCD stun! ^_^