Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Looking for a way to make credits.

Lordmird

A while back, I decided to try crafting. My brain exploded.

I'm mostly spending all my time PVPing, which is fun, but I've gotten to that point where I want to be the best I can at it.

I'm wanting to "purple pimp" my gear, but mods are pretty expensive.

How can I make credits without taking a huge chunk out of my already little PVP game time?

Get familiar with your GTN market trends on your server, make a GTN alt, then cherry pick and buy_low/sell_high works quite well and requires less then 20 minutes once or twice a day to make good profits.

You need a little starting capital at first, but as you build up you can easily settle in to harvest and resell GTN items for 200K-1M per day in profits. There are always high demand items that people list for very low prices (either on purpose to unload them, or by mistake). And once you have plenty fo capital, you can buy and hold for later resale (which works very well for cartel items, which saturate the market early and then dry up after a few weeks). Especially keep an eye on "mis-listed" or "give-away_priced" cartel items.

I personally have made over 30M profit just working the cartel item end of the GTN since F2P went live. 20 minutes a day, 2 or 3 times a day (mostly to spot check for bargains and collect credits from sales). I'm up to using two GTN alts now with full bank vault slots open just to manage inventory in process.

The best part... I get to peel off my favorite gear and store it for later use by my many alts for essentially no real investment cost since it's really just part of my ongoing buy/sell inventories.

Edited by Andryah

I had heard that flipping was.... frowned upon by BIOWARE

What?

It's a free market economy. It moves credits and items from one player to another and the GTN peels off 6%. What's not to like? It's mildly dis-inflationary to the economy which is a good thing.

Edited by Andryah

What?

It's a free market economy. It moves credits and items from one player to another and the GTN peels off 6%. What's not to like? It's mildly dis-inflationary to the economy which is a good thing.

Agreed. Sensible flipping is a necessary act required to control inflation and keep the economy at a relative norm.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.