The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy buffs

jmdatcs

I stopped PvPing shortly after the legacy system was introduced because I don't do alts and only having one buff gimped me in PvP. This left me with a lot less to do and resulted in me leaving the game for 6 months. This wouldn't have happened if I could have bought the other class buffs for credits or cartel coins.

I came back, and with so much to do, I'm not missing PvP too much, and with 2.0 right around the corner, I'll probably keep playing for a while. But, if I can't get back into PvP soon, the PvE won't keep me here, even though I prefer PvE.

TL;DR - allow class buffs to be purchased with credits and/or cartel coins.

I hate to burst your bubble but not having the rest of the buffs is not what gimped you is PvP. That is hyperbolic nonsense.

Your groupmates can buff you with any you are missing and they are minor. Don't blame the game because you couldn't compete. Sounds more like your pvp gear is under and/or you got rolled by some good pvpers or a premade.

I still find it a minority that has all four buffs, not everyone has them. Also it isn't that hard to get four classes through Ch2 content. They are a reward for people playing, I do not want to see them on the Cartel Market.

I never said I was losing because of this. I usually win, or at least I did before I stopped.

I just don't like the idea of being gimped. I like to work toward the BiS gear, but it seems pointless when I'm always going to be missing these stats.

Teammates don't go around buffing all the time on the off chance someone that needs it is around. You get one buff at the beginning and that is it. And if you think those are minor, I don't want you on my team. The kind of person that blows off stats like +5% crit probably isn't much of a player. Those are stupid excuses.

As for leveling alts, nah. I can't think of a worse use of my time, and I tried so that I could make a witty comparison. Thanks for the weak input, I'm going to go sit in the corner with a thumb up my *** now. Still better than leveling alts.

Edited by jmdatcs

If you can't be botherred to level just three more characters through chapter two, then that is your fault. In pvp people buff all the time. Maybe if you didn't wander off alone after respawning you would actually recieve the group buffs. this is something that should NEVER be allowed on the Cartel Shop. It's not hard to ask for a rebuff in a warzone. Edited by Kilikaa