TD/IM 30 meter range rollback

SneiK

So, after the range nerf in 1.4, most PTs switched back to 'hybrid' builds (not 31 point builds).

And by the looks of it on the PTS atm, that trend is going to continue in 2.0.

BW, when do you realize that the range nerf was the wrong move? You've said it yourself since release, that you do not want to encourage hybrids, and want people to spec 31. Have you done no research on this, as there's really questionable benefit into going full Pyro at the moment?

How about addressing the real issue: Flame Burst.

I for one do not enjoy being forced into spamming 1 button in order to be effective in DPS (pretty much). How about dividing all those procs/snares/DoTs to multiple talents. There's plenty to choose from.

Incendiary Missile is not the issue. The Heat Cost is being reduced slightly in 2.0.

Yet I still think 10m range is too little, as it is very questionable to use IM at that range (Filler between rail procs, when heat allows it, maybe. But not even then, if you're up against an opponent(s) that can/will cleanse it). FB is nearly always just outright better option.

The range could be between 10-30 to give ranged classes an edge, but 10m is definitely questionable (From a class mechanic standpoint. 10m was just set to do an easy nerf to a class that needed one, however, it was the wrong kind and clearly not fully thought out)

I haven't enjoyed playing my PT as much post 1.4, and it has nothing to do with damage/OPness. The damage is as ridiculous as before, but they managed to destroy the gameplay and fun factor.

Mainly, my concern is about the 31 point build (upcoming 41 point) that is not performing well enough, compared to hybrids.

Edited by SneiK

Incendiary Missile is not the issue. The Heat Cost is being reduced slightly in 2.0.

Yet I still think 10m range is too little, as it is very questionable to use IM at that range (Filler between rail procs, when heat allows it, maybe. But not even then, if you're up against an opponent(s) that can/will cleanse it). FB is nearly always just outright better option.

The range could be between 10-30 to give ranged classes an edge, but 10m is definitely questionable (From a class mechanic standpoint. 10m was just set to do an easy nerf to a class that needed one, however, it was the wrong kind and clearly not fully thought out)

I haven't enjoyed playing my PT as much post 1.4, and it has nothing to do with damage/OPness. The damage is as ridiculous as before, but they managed to destroy the gameplay and fun factor.

Mainly, my concern is about the 31 point build (upcoming 41 point) that is not performing well enough, compared to hybrids.

I was pertaining to weirdnames' comment. I think a full spec is still viable, but it's up to you how you build it up. I for myself uses a non-td pyro spec to make my dps sustained in long periods.

I agree with the fun issue, but i think IM is supposed to be used everytime heat permits it and it still adds damage if ynu use it before fb. 2 dots are better than 1. You have to time it right tho, only when you cant proc RS. 10m range is fine with me coz it adds to the heat management in 10m range aside from just watching procs.

As for the CG PPA hybrid, i hope they tie up CG with HEGC so people wont abuse it.

Edited by dijskykiller

Yes, 31 point is still 'viable', I run it in rankeds every once in a while to add burst.

The point was, that hybrids shouldn't really work in PvP, as it makes balancing a lot harder. 31 point specs are just not strong enough, or hybrids are too strong compared to them.

That is why I suggested a nerf to FB, since that pretty much enables the hybrids to exist.

You are losing DPS by a fair amount by taking TD, and while the burst is better, it's not good enough compared to the sustained DPS loss.

Edited by SneiK