The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Super-combuster spec for 2.0 2/36/8

mrObtuse

This is my favorite pure build for our class at level 55.

the reason I like it is the sustain damage potential. while heat management require more vigilance than the high energy built in option, you skip the high energ skill points and have 8 pyro for combustible, which pays off way more damage when you know how to pace and manage the heat. in my experience no matter how hard you spam with high energy & the extra heat vent, you can not outpace the damage that combustible burn brings.

I don't have any math or gear min/max cases that prove or disprove. I just find this setup less bursty/dry spell prone than the particle accelerator/rail shot builds, it sustains well and has always felt superior for me in every way to high energy, which even often feels like I can't even use the heat venting it comes with to max potential. perhaps it could have been the forgotten alacrity build for pre 2.0. super-combuster for me is nothing but improved in 2.0 with the +aim points.

• 5 weeks later...

2/36/8?

where do you spent those points? I think you need to link a skill tree like this one : 7/37/2 with that we can discuss about some thing quit real but with only 2/36/8 we don't know where you spent your point exept 2 in shield tech, 36 in AP and 8 in pyro ;)

well, you try to explain where but you know : A drawing is clearer than a text :D

If I get that right, he means something like this 2/36/8.

Good build, by I personally prefer AP/Pyro hybrid, the one that got nerfed but still deals good damage to outdps both full AP/Pyro. 8/22/16

P.S. When PTS was still up, I've tried to compare dps with some of the best Mara/Snipers in my guild in combat via MOX parser, and the result was this build. I was outdpsing sniper, and was about 40dps lower then 'any' Mara and outdpsed 'car' Mara in about 7-8 combats, 5m each. We were in 69, without augments at all, and with exothech stims/adrenals :)

Edited by Golden_Archer

Yesterday I read a post by a CM or a dev that tell us : In the test center the Spec was bugged (sorry for that) and it will not be the case in live 2.0 ^^ So I read your warning and put your skill tree in my fav. to try it on operation dummy ^^