Game Performance and my FPS

Eldubya

Game Performance...my comp isnt all that great....but i run wow at 60-70fps...i run swtor at 4fps...am i having UI issues that is sapping my FR? or is it my comp?(like i said comps not great...older nvidia card, 4gb ram somewhat outdated processor)

Game Performance...my comp isnt all that great....but i run wow at 60-70fps...i run swtor at 4fps...am i having UI issues that is sapping my FR? or is it my comp?(like i said comps not great...older nvidia card, 4gb ram somewhat outdated processor)

Hey, Eldubya.

Can you provide some more detail on the system specs? Also, what graphics settings and screen resolution are you running at? Do you have any background programs running? Which version of Windows are you on?

All of these are factors in determining how the game is going to look and perform on your system, and no one's going to be able to reliably give advice without details.

Lots of people are having performance problems and you might be able to sort out something to help boost your experience (update your drivers, perform clean install, Bioware fix something), but I doubt it would even get you up to 30 fps by the sound of your system.

This game is way more demanding than WoW.

If you want to have more then 4GB total, you will need to reinstall with a 64-bit operating system. 32-bit Windows can't handle more than 4GB of memory.

Definitely check to see if your CPU and motherboard support 64-bit before buying more than another 1GB of memory.

I play on a lower end machine then you and get 46 fps. I play with my settings on high but have disabled Shadows and Bloom. Try this and see how much you gain.

Sorry to hijack, but I'm having the same issues.

Although, I just bought my comp in July. It's an hp

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium [64-bit]

• Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor E5800 [3.1GHz, 2MB L2, 800MHz FSB]

• 3GB DDR3-800MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]

• FREE UPGRADE! 500GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 320GB

• Integrated graphics - Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 [VGA

I recently added another 3gb of RAM. I'm planning on adding another 2gb, since for the price I paid for 1 4gb stick is the same I've seen for 1 set of 2 4gb sticks. However, the added 3gb hasnt made a huge difference. I still lag

I really hope a better graphics card is all I'll need, not a different processor.

I'm running the game on the lowest possible settings btw, with bloom and shadows off

I had gaming in mind when I was putting this comp together, and it will really suck if I can't use it to play this game....

Amans,

Integrated graphics is definitely the limiting factor on your machine for gaming purposes. Even a mediocre graphics card should increase your performance greatly.

I would definitely spend the money on that before purchasing more memory.

I'm having same issue. Performance is really bad in some areas. This is my rig.

ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution X58

Intel Core i7 i7-980 3.33 GHz Processor - Socket B LGA-1366

16 GB RAM - Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, 9-9-9-24 CAS Latency, Intel XMP Ready, Unbuffered

2 X - Gigabyte GV-N56GOC-1GI GeForce GTX 560

SSD Sata3 Hard Drive

Omg don't listen to that guy full of crap !!! I7 CPU 16 g RAM n 2 you s !!!!! He should b running this game on max.... My new laptop run this game easy !!! HP with the new amd A8 quad core with 8 gig RAM!!

Where did you get your laptop from. I also use one and mine is a little bit outdated. Toshiba Intel Core I3, 4GB ram, GeForce 310m. I can play the game ok, but it still seems to be a bit slow. Graphics are fine, but the character and action attacks are slow. Internet connection is good.