As Makeb will never get released ... how will I get my money back

Sithlord_Dooku

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't in the boardroom, and I'm not psychic, so it's possible that everything EA said about taking huge market shares away from WoW and being on top of the MMO world was just a huge smoke screen for an eventual F2P system...but does that seem realistic?

If, as so many of you seem to believe, F2P was the intended model FROM THE START, why was there no support for it at launch? Do you have any idea how much more successful in terms of numbers the already huge launch would have been if everyone in the world could have played it for free?

If, as so many of you seem to believe, F2P was the intended model FROM THE START, why did EAware allow subscription numbers to plummet before introducing it? Why did they allow massive server shutdowns and endure endless critical and fan criticism over ghost towns before they enabled it?

If, as so many of you seem to believe, F2P was the intended model FROM THE START, why was hardly any mention of it anywhere, in anything anybody from EA or Bioware said about the dominant form of player access that they expected?

I'm just curious. Does the idea that the game was F2P from the start suddenly make the massive subscription loss and server merges look like a good thing to you? Do you think EA's original plan was to launch big, crash, and then swoop in with their F2P model?

Perhaps it was EA's decision after they acquired BW, it wouldn't be their first game of theirs to go F2P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.