Does anyone have the Crate-o-matic?

Obirayy

hi, i wanted to know if anyone has the Crate-O-Matic or knows someone who has it in the game and could transfer a few over to the PTS server for me to take a look at?

i know theres only like 2 of them in the game but im hoping someone out there can make it happen.

my character name is obiray.

thanks

Ahk. Well no one has them on Master dar'nala server and last year I was reading that there was only 2 out of however many billion loots. But thanks for the update though, now it could be easier to get than I thought.

Also is there anyone who you can ask on your server to transfer it over?

I have one on my character Kaon on The Bastion server. You could make a character here and I'll demo it to you if you like.

Ah kaon, I remember speaking to you once when I made a lowbie on bastion. You're the rich guy who crafts the purple crystals.

Ill definitely take you up on that offer but it would be even awesome if you transfered it to the PTS and gave me a turn :D:D:D

Ahk. Well no one has them on Master dar'nala server and last year I was reading that there was only 2 out of however many billion loots. But thanks for the update though, now it could be easier to get than I thought.

Also is there anyone who you can ask on your server to transfer it over?

I saw one on the GTN sometime last year, just after the ability to swap 25 Tionese crystals for artifact boxes came in. From memory a pub player had listed it for 10m and I was tempted to buy it, though when I went to check a couple of days later it was no longer there. I assume somebody else snapped it up or they changed their mind about selling.

• 2 months later...

Crate-O-Matics are certainly rare, but not so rare that there's only 2 across all servers. That number (2 drops in 1.85 billion rolls) came from a dev post early last year, and there's certainly been a lot more rolls since then.

The drop rate for Crate-O-Matics may seem insanely low, but the thing to consider is that anything that can drop a level 50 Artifact item can drop a Crate. I know somebody who vendored their Crate because they thought it was a random junk drop from some trash they fought while doing dailies.

I also imagine that Crates are a lot more common on PvE servers than PvP servers. PvP doesn't offer loot drops at all, while every single enemy you fight while doing dailies has a minute but equal chance of dropping a Crate.

If I had to make a rough estimate, I'd say that Crates drop at the rate of about once or twice a month on The Harbinger. I know at least 3 people with Crates, and there were two GTN listings last time I checked.

Got mine from a random Tionese crystal box on Shadowlands. I did a Directive 7 run on my juggernaut and popped it while we were waiting at the shuttle drop-off for the 2nd dps to load in. He saw the crate and asked "has that box always been there?" about 2s before the buff ran out and I reappeared. His reaction was priceless and it's impossible for me to use it in a guild run now without someone repeating "has that box always been there?".

Would never, ever part with it now :)