Allow slot locked armor mods to be equipped in their droid gear equivalents

Elfa

I find it monstrously unfair that slot locked armor mods cannot be used on droid armor pieces of at least the same slot type. For some classes like Operative, Trooper and Jedi Knight, who have droid companions other than HK and the ship droid, this puts them at a disadvantage compared to other classes.

My Bounty hunter can put all raid gear on all of his companions but those with droid companions are force to either make or buy the armor needed. This makes equipping droids far more expensive than their non-droid counterparts.

To give an example of a fix, instead of locking armor to say, the actual chest piece, lock it to the chest piece slot instead. That way droids can use locked armor mods the same as all non-droid companions.

Heres a cheating way to get armorings/gear for your droid friends.

(using tion as an example)

Buy only generators or shield generators from the vendor. The armorings aren't locked on those two items and can be placed in any of the slots for droids.

My scorpio is in columi gear as well as my hk from ripped columi mods.

Heres a cheating way to get armorings/gear for your droid friends.

(using tion as an example)

Buy only generators or shield generators from the vendor. The armorings aren't locked on those two items and can be placed in any of the slots for droids.

My scorpio is in columi gear as well as my hk from ripped columi mods.

BTW, that loophole is fixed in 2.0, so like I said, allow slot locked armor mods to be equipped in their droid gear equivalents!

• 1 month later...
BTW, that loophole is fixed in 2.0, so like I said, allow slot locked armor mods to be equipped in their droid gear equivalents!

I have to agree with all the posts here. I spent FOREVER on HK51 (doubly so, since the game abandoned my mission after I collected all the parts), then I try to put some decent armor mods on him, and it says I can't. Why does every non-droid companion get to wear columi, bh, etc...(different for 2.0, I'm sure), but droid companions are stuck at the tionese-level rating, unless they spend millions on crafting/buying mods to get them a little higher? It's such a simple fix, take off the lock on the slot. No reason not to.

• 3 weeks later...
100% with you on this issue, was using R8 to heal me through most h2 dailies i could solo, but since 2.0 had to revert to meatbag healer cause i shipped him the gear i didnt need anymore, i miss having R8 healing me, i'd use only droid if i could (as a sniper i got tankbot, killbot and healbot) sure i could craft assassin droid parts for R8, but i'd lose the alacrity i had built up for him, healing droid set maybe? if droid cant use our old armor mods, make more droid gear craftable by cybertechs, and since droid armor doesnt change the look of said droid, well it isnt hard to implement healing droid gear in the game. (ok maybe LESS complicated)

• 3 months later...

Yeah today I thought I'd gear up HK-51 and start using him a bit, I thought I could just use my elite commendations and by gear for the mods (like I do with all my other companions)..

No sirree, his parts can't take the armorings.. Oh well HK-51, it was nice knowing you!

Edited by Wallner