The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why are we subscribing when BW cant fix game breaking bugs on a timely fashion

Doomla

Since F2P launch and the Cartel market got released the game has been riddled with the crash to desktop every 1-2 hrs for players, yet it seems content takes priority over fixing a coding error on their part from something they introduced in November, this gets annoying the part where you want to smash your keyboard over someones head. Like seriously BW are you competing with Bethesda for most game breaking bugs for a new game?.

I've only been playing since December and can only remember the game crashing twice, and I play 2-4 hours every day. I admit I don't know hundreds of people in the game, but I don't know of anyone with this problem you speak of. My computer is old and has no issues with random game crashes. Not knowing what computer you are using, I can only suspect those crashes are related to driver issues.

I suggest that you do some searching (google your video card and swtor crashes then repeat for the video card driver) and see if you can find anything that might help.

My game has only crashed twice, in over a year of playing. And that includes running it on 2 different PCs. What else is running on your PC while you're playing? How many programs? Have you kept them all updated? Have you tried shutting down some of the unnecessary ones? Are you running accelerator programs? How old are your peripherals? What kind of motherboard, processor, and video card are you running? What is your system RAM?...........................................

I could go on.

It isn't necessarily the game. For a LOT of people, the game is running fine. Now, that doesn't mean your problems don't exist for you and others. They do. But you need to submit your DX Diagnosis specs to Bioware when you report bugs, submit Event Logs along with your complaints when the game crashes, search around for others that are having similiar problems, and try their suggestions, etc.

And, to answer your question, you're paying for a subscription because you gave them your money. As long as you keep giving them money for a subscription, you'll have it. Once you stop paying, you will no longer have a subscription.

I hope this information helps you.

Edited by CaptRavenous

I quite agree with OP, since all this F2P stuff and cartell options that can be attained it seems that its getting a little confused with reg subbers and the likes of. I am really getting hacked off with being logged out, major lag spikes and i could goon.

I have a very decent PC which allows me to play a lot of modern games with no hassles at all. I also have a 40 meg pipe so its not my ISP either. I sent a ticket about this and got not reply.

I am all up for free trials and stuff but if i am in the wrong post i am sorry for that, but F2P should either be on thier own servers so that they get a taster (not the full level 50 taster) and then sub or leave simple as that. That way EA or BW can sort thier bloody servers out for the ppl that do PAY!

This would also stop a lot of idiots trolling away as i have seen enough of this on Gen chat etc etc . F2P i dont need it i dont want it, so let me just play my game with regular subbys like me :D

Since F2P launch and the Cartel market got released the game has been riddled with the crash to desktop every 1-2 hrs for players, yet it seems content takes priority over fixing a coding error on their part from something they introduced in November, this gets annoying the part where you want to smash your keyboard over someones head. Like seriously BW are you competing with Bethesda for most game breaking bugs for a new game?.

I keep asking myself why do i continue to sub everyday and all i can think of is the fact that it loosly resembles star wars

Over the past couple days, the game has been crashing to desktop. It seems to do that when I play it for more than 2 hours at a time. I've tried to troubleshoot the issue and also made some changes. So far, it seems to be working properly again.

As for why we are subbing when they can't fix the game, I can only speak for myself. I love the game. Granted, it has its flaws. But, what game doesn't? Every game I have played and bought has had some flaws. It's the way games are, I guess. You have to take the bad with the good and vice versa. If the game has too many flaws for you, stop paying for it. Don't waste your money on something that has too many bugs for you. I can live with a few flaws. So far, I haven't reached my limit.