switching crew skills

Haltermania

I had a question or needed some advice on potentially switching crew skills

I am almost at level 50, granted i have not been there yet with any of my characters so i am not sure if i get special crew skill schmatics. my question is i have artifice at 400 along with TH and Arch, should i start over my crew skills for weaving so i can eventually get better armor? i know it probably doesnt make sense but i didnt know if thats the best way to get better armor without buying it from the cartel market or paying 500k for something on GTN

Thanks

Short answer: No

Long answer: As it stands now the armor and weapon crafting crew skills (synthweaving, armormech, and armstech) lack end-game gear to craft. The best you can do is craft one or two Rakata level pieces of gear and those are BoP which means you cannot sell or trade them. The rest is all at best Tionese equivalent, and since you get 99 Tionese commendations when you hit level 50, there is little reason to craft that level of gear.

That being said, all of the above crafting crew skills do make augments and augmentation slot kits, so they are not totally worthless.

My advice is to stick with what you have.