The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Personally, would you like more science fiction content ?

Angedechu

No, this message is not trolling. A setting can be ''in space'', and not be exactly science fiction

If you compare to, say, Star Trek (the setting...not the games), Star Wars is not exactly heavy in science fiction tropes.

Consider that KOTOR was in fact remarkably heavy with science fiction tropes (1), as opposed as the more fantasy tropes appearing in other Star Wars games, would you prefer a more sci-fi turn (more Hammer Station ! ) instead of going in a more fantasy way (more Kaon ! ) ?

(1)Such as, for instance, the Star Maps, the old Infinite Empire, the ancient destruction of Tatooine...

Edited by Angedechu

I think if they overuse the "ancient forgotten race" trope too much it will loose its cool factor very quickly. I was already a bit weary of it when they started up the whole gree subplot (we already have the rakata).

I would much prefer they return to more jedi/sith mysticism as the basis for their elder game plots. So far the dread masters are just a plot device to push us through all these varied, but un-related locations. I hope the showdown on Lehon is a throwback to the rooftop temple confrontation from KotOR.

If it returns us to the Galactic War that's supposed to be going on, I'm for it. Getting sidetracked with mystical entities like the Dread Masters and the Gree isn't what most of my characters (especially my low-fantasy ones) are interested in doing.

I think if they overuse the "ancient forgotten race" trope too much it will loose its cool factor very quickly. I was already a bit weary of it when they started up the whole gree subplot (we already have the rakata).

I would much prefer they return to more jedi/sith mysticism as the basis for their elder game plots. So far the dread masters are just a plot device to push us through all these varied, but un-related locations. I hope the showdown on Lehon is a throwback to the rooftop temple confrontation from KotOR.

Gree aren't exactly forgotten, they're just reclusive. There's a small story arc involving Gree droids on Coruscant, although we didn't see the Gree themselves until the introduction to Terror from Beyond (I think). The Grey Secant is ancient and somewhat mythical though.

I dont know about more science fiction (sic-fi) but I would like to see more Star Wars content. Why is it that the whole galaxy is devoid of life and movement save for the odd NPC wandering along the same path every day? I see walkers and ships grounded and not once do I see them move. The game seriously needs to be brought to life.

I dont mind the ancient race or forgotten race so much but it would be nice to have the war actually, you know, be a war.