Annihilation [VIDEO GUIDES]

ViolaC

It's not that people don't want to help, it's just that very few people play that spec anymore! Which is unfortunate.

There are videos and guides on Youtube about Annihilation but most of them, if not all, are out dated.

I have a L25ish Marauder and looking to raid with him in the future :D My question is.. why have people shied away from Anni in raids? Is it less DPS than carnage now? When I check torparse, some of the highest raid parsing marauders run anni (TFB HM last boss for example).

Edited by paowee

it's just that very few people play that spec anymore!

Really? why is that?

I have a L25ish Marauder and looking to raid with him in the future :D

Give me your toons name ;)

I might have to make an uptodate guide myself :jawa_biggrin:

Really? why is that?

I rarely do anything PvE wise, so I can't give you an answer. PvP wise, there are 2 reasons:

a) Annihilation's healing got nerfed and

b) Enemies can purge your bleeds

For regular WZ's, it's an awesome spec! Not so much for ranked though.

I have a L25ish Marauder and looking to raid with him in the future :D My question is.. why have people shied away from Anni in raids? Is it less DPS than carnage now? When I check torparse, some of the highest raid parsing marauders run anni (TFB HM last boss for example).

My terminology may be incorrect due to me playing a Sentinel. However, a lot (especially on the imp side) have switched to Carnage/Combat because it does comparable dps to Annihilation/Watchmen AND is simpler to play as far as target switching goes. Almost every fight in TFB has some sort of switch to "x" target for a short duration. The difference is the same as playing Marksmen (that is not bound by having to be stationary) vs. Hybrid for the Sniper.

In any event, if a Annihilation/Watchmen player has the skill to maintain what is needed....they will come out ahead.