Makeb - known unknowns and unknown unknowns

Illyean

Seems like there is still almost no fact about Makeb, other than its coming in the spring, will raise cap to 55 and most likely not include class story arc content, right?

Im curious about the level cap and gearing. Entry to the 'next' planet for the planetary story arc is usually level based and green/blue gearing. So level 50 to 51 on Makeb, if it follows the established route would be doable in green and blue 50's, except everyone is in gear way way higher than that!

I am not sure they can (not that they won't) raise the entry gear bar to some high percentile of current end game gear, in other words say you would need Campaign gear. Which would then become obsolete in the levelling process from 51 to 55. Or will they leave the gearing alone with maybe some minor tweaks by maybe allowing some new higher end mods?

My fearful suspicion is they introduce a new stat and Makeb content revolves around the new stat, as we have seen in some other games, LoTRO for example. So level 50 to 51 would be do able in your level 50 green/blue and a breeze in your fuly augmented Dread Guard, but by the end of 51 you would have found gear with the new stat and level 52 will be very hard without, level 53 impossible. New FP's or OP's in HM would need the new stat. LoTRo got rid of it after a few years, but it does have the cheap hack idea to it and it would make Makeb need new gear/mods without the result then being over powered against old content.

Have not seen much on Makeb, there isn't much. Anyone got any thoughts?

I've just really come back to the game after being away since mid 2012 and gearing up is what Im loking at now, hence thinking about how Makeb might impact that.

Edited by Illyean

They cant modify current content eg Ops an Flashpoints up to lvl55 because its an non-free optional expansion. People who didnt bought it would need to get their subs in dollars and euros refunded because they wouldnt be able to access current content (they already paid for) anymore.

I think it will be just a small bonus for people who bought it, having lvl55 while doing lvl50 content could make help but only by tiny bit. You can check this by doing heroics on Voss, mobs lvl45 and 46 can hit u with no probs. I dont think they release new armor sets, more likely obtaining hazmats will be a tiny bit less difficult as its now.

Moreover difference between lvl45 and lvl50 will be far bigger than between lvl50 and lvl55 because of difference between lets say grade100 and grade 150 gear u can obtain at lvl50 and dozens of higher tank abilities upgrade at lvl50. They already told that there will be maybe 1-2 new abilities for each class and thats all.

Edited by DiabloPL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.