The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Geek Question Does SWTOR Feel Star Warsy?

Redcorn

I know it is a fine line one has to take introducing new and exciting content into a universe that has so much already written about it. But does SWTOR feel like a Star Wars universe to you? With the Gree story line and the terrible outfits I wonder if BW would have been better not to license Star Wars, and just written their own SciFi universe.

It does to me as well.

I might get yelled at for this, but I was never super fascinated by the movies. Yes, they were definitely entertaining, especially in their day, but they never "wowed" me.

What really moved me and "wowed" me were the KOTOR games. So, for me it is fair to say the KOTOR really got me a Star Wars fan and not the movies (as much as I enjoyed them.) So, for me, since KOTOR is my pure, true Star Wars experience, SWTOR really does feel "Star-warsy." :p

Edited by Swissbob

It does to me as well.

I might get yelled at for this, but I was never super fascinated by the movies. Yes, they were definitely entertaining, especially in their day, but they never "wowed" me.

What really moved me and "wowed" me were the KOTOR games. So, for me it is fair to say the KOTOR really got me a Star Wars fan and not the movies (as much as I enjoyed them.) So, for me, since KOTOR is my pure, true Star Wars experience, SWTOR really does feel "Star-warsy." :p

This is a great answer, and it is a view that I think I can be happy to hold. It is not so much Star Warsy as it is KOTORsy.

Thank you for that.