The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP Combat Fun - Ganking Sucks - PVE Server

Redcorn

Look, I really don't mind the Gree event in a PVP area even though I play on a PVE server. BW did a nice job making it so that you can get rep without PVP, but of course you do miss out on a couple of quests.

But there is nothing in this area that encourages good PVP combat. It encourages ganking. Frankly, gankers are lowest forms of life I can think of in an MMO on a PVE server. There are no rewards for killing other players. There is just the 'joy' of killing folks trying to finish a quest. If this is your idea of fun and spending time there are better games and better servers.

So BW what exactly was your thought on putting this in a PVP area? It only encourages idiots to be idiots with no meaning at all to the idiocy? Why not make the pvp area quests give pvp rewards? You gave up on the valor system, so you can't do that.

I just don't get it.

They couldn't just give them pvp rewards, or else they wouldn't be able to partake in the event. If the pvpers only wanted to pvp, but they want the legacy light saber the gree event offers, and the onlky way to do that is pve that would cause the same reaction from them. So giving pvp quests with rewards towards the event as well as pve ones supplies equal satisfaction between each side of the spectrum.

But there is no actual reward for PVP. If I kill 0 or a thousand players on Hoth you know what I earn?? Nothing. So there is only one reason to PVP in Hoth...to grief. Now if that is your thing, and it is BW goal you did a great job, but I for one find it to be crap.