The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please don't have stats on Cartel market items

Suzina

Statted gear should not appear on the cartel market.

Example: space parts. These should not have been offered at all. Placing stats on these invalidates anything of weaker stat level. As the space parts are best-in-slot, all cybertech space part crafting is worthless. All gear-ups for the entire space-game are worthless. No matter how fast or hard you work on getting a space part, it can be replaced with the click of a button.

Example: Crystals. You know how artifice is supposed to make crystals? The best-in-slot is going to be from the cartel market and usable at level 10, making artifice a completely worthless craft. No matter how much you grind artifice, how matter how skilled you are in it, or how hard you work, you will never be able to achieve what can be done with a click.

I've unsubscribed and my sub runs out two days from now, so it's too late for me, but please for the sake of the game in the future, bear this in mind.

Statted gear should not appear on the cartel market.

Example: space parts. These should not have been offered at all. Placing stats on these invalidates anything of weaker stat level. As the space parts are best-in-slot, all cybertech space part crafting is worthless. All gear-ups for the entire space-game are worthless. No matter how fast or hard you work on getting a space part, it can be replaced with the click of a button.

Example: Crystals. You know how artifice is supposed to make crystals? The best-in-slot is going to be from the cartel market and usable at level 10, making artifice a completely worthless craft. No matter how much you grind artifice, how matter how skilled you are in it, or how hard you work, you will never be able to achieve what can be done with a click.

I've unsubscribed and my sub runs out two days from now, so it's too late for me, but please for the sake of the game in the future, bear this in mind.

I hope you know that the only people that crafts for other people are only in very good guilds and those are rare now-a-days, hell i can never find crafted gear on the GTN that isn't over 400% overpriced, all crafters think about is how much EACH item costs to make and how much they make from each item, so if they spend 1000cr, they sell it for 10000cr and so on.

If i was into crafting (which i am not), i would spend 1000cr to make items and charge 1500cr for them, that way, i am making 50% profit per item, thats good enough for me and i wouldn't look like a greedy sod.

So, while i respect your opinion, i do not share it.

I have nothing against crafter but I would actually like to see the oposit to this. I like PvE, I am mainly a PvE player and have ok PvE gear. Every so often I think hmmm wouldn't mind some open world PvP then I remember that my gear is PvE not PvP gear and to get PvP gear I have to be a hard core PvP player which I am not. As such I cant really compete. If I could buy some ok (not top tier but close) PvP gear I could put that on have some fun then jump back to PvE. At the moment I would have to start from scratch if I wanted to be anything more than cannon fodder in PvP.

I hope you know that the only people that crafts for other people are only in very good guilds and those are rare now-a-days, hell i can never find crafted gear on the GTN that isn't over 400% overpriced, all crafters think about is how much EACH item costs to make and how much they make from each item, so if they spend 1000cr, they sell it for 10000cr and so on.

If i was into crafting (which i am not), i would spend 1000cr to make items and charge 1500cr for them, that way, i am making 50% profit per item, thats good enough for me and i wouldn't look like a greedy sod.

A lot of crafters would be happy to make things for you at no cost at all if you provide the materials. However, a lot of us have better things to do than stand around spamming our services on General or Trade. Maybe if there was some other way to advertise our services - such as titles for crafters (e.g. 'OldGreg the Master Artificer') - then you might have more luck finding one willing to help you out.

With regard to the high prices you see, it's not always the original crafter that is setting that price. If I sell an item cheaply it will often be bought and resold by another player (not necessarily a crafter) for thousands more. I have no way to prevent this other than to raise my own price so it becomes less attractive to the price flipper. Furthermore, there are a lot of hidden costs in crafting - the costs of vendor ingredients, new schematics, the enormous quantities of mats that are needed to successfully RE blue and purple schematics, mission/gathering costs. Add to that the fact that mats price-flippers that will quickly buy up any lower priced materials and resell them at enormous mark-ups and you'll quickly realise that crafting is no get-rich-quick scheme. And that's all before you throw in the Cartel Market factor making certain crew skills all but redundant.

Edited by craic_fox

A lot of crafters would be happy to make things for you at no cost at all if you provide the materials. However, a lot of us have better things to do than stand around spamming our services on General or Trade. Maybe if there was some other way to advertise our services - such as titles for crafters (e.g. 'OldGreg the Master Artificer') - then you might have more luck finding one willing to help you out.

With regard to the high prices you see, it's not always the original crafter that is setting that price. If I sell an item cheaply it will often be bought and resold by another player (not necessarily a crafter) for thousands more. I have no way to prevent this other than to raise my own price so it becomes less attractive to the price flipper. Furthermore, there are a lot of hidden costs in crafting - the costs of vendor ingredients, new schematics, the enormous quantities of mats that are needed to successfully RE blue and purple schematics, mission/gathering costs. Add to that the fact that mats price-flippers that will quickly buy up any lower priced materials and resell them at enormous mark-ups and you'll quickly realise that crafting is no get-rich-quick scheme. And that's all before you throw in the Cartel Market factor making certain crew skills all but redundant.

I kinda miss the old school shops in swg. The gtm and wow's ah is good for buying and selling items quickly, but it lacks that personal touch of having your physical shop. Problem with the shops is that people stop using the gtm like what happen in swg no one really use the bazaar at least when I played. However, the point of selling items is to make credits. You could be crafting or pvp or some thing else. Thus, I like to see good marginal returns on my crafted gear, which is why I try to sell at the best price I can sell. Although I just restarted crafting items like a week ago I already made over 1 million, but that's cause I have an army of atls with professions.