The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fix the damn repair cost.

beasthunt

This is absurd. You get what, roughly 60k per planet for dailies and by the end of the planet without dying you have a repair bill of 75k. Does that make any sense at all? So the game is officially broken for grinding for credits. How do you justify this? I love the new event. LOVE IT. However the repair cost and the dag on data chips where you have hundreds of people fighting for the same few animals that have a low-medium drop rate is not thought out very well at all and if it is thought out then thank you for the middle finger. Enjoy my 15 bucks a month and continue to keep focusing on the cartel market and screwing everything else up.

No. If you're seeing obscenely high repair costs, then your gear is really damaged. Gear is now finally totaled with Mods, Armorings/Hilts/Barrels, Enhancements, and Augments in slots, whereas before it only counted the actual armor piece. So, all these hysterics are really uncalled for, as you should be repairing your gear after every death. :)

No. If you're seeing obscenely high repair costs, then your gear is really damaged. Gear is now finally totaled with Mods, Armorings/Hilts/Barrels, Enhancements, and Augments in slots, whereas before it only counted the actual armor piece. So, all these hysterics are really uncalled for, as you should be repairing your gear after every death. :)

Hysterics are by no means uncalled for. The repair cost are too damn high. Everyone knows it and is complaining about it. Stop trying to defend bad decisions. I love this game too but call a turd a turd.

I'll agree that repair prices are no longer inconveniencing, they are straight up punishing. It means a few things for us players now.

Don't suck.

Leave random pug groups after the first wipe.

Save your pennies for raid nights if you're in progression.

I call ******** on the statement of having an 75k repair bill with no deaths while doing dailys.

bull ****.

stop dying.

I repaired my gear before helping the guild with [Heroic] Primary Studies. We finished it with no deaths. Everyone leaves. I pull a Pylon Guardian to kill me because I was too lazy to drive back to Republic Base. When I repaired after that one Heroic mission my bill was 40,400 .. Serves me right for being lazy. It was my own fault.

I'm okay with this but have a question which comes twofold:

Did anyone explain why they increased this cost? Or did they say that this is the way it was intended to work in the first place?

I repaired my gear before helping the guild with [Heroic] Primary Studies. We finished it with no deaths. Everyone leaves. I pull a Pylon Guardian to kill me because I was too lazy to drive back to Republic Base. When I repaired after that one Heroic mission my bill was 40,400 .. Serves me right for being lazy. It was my own fault.

I'm okay with this but have a question which comes twofold:

Did anyone explain why they increased this cost? Or did they say that this is the way it was intended to work in the first place?

BW claims that the previous repeair cost was NOT working as intended. So they fixed. THe reason why is so high is that they need a money sink so the economy doesnt go into **** like it did.

Lets start a movment. OCCUPY bioaware. until they decrease the costs. ( or just do dailies and use healing companions)

No, that's not actually the case because it shouldn't cost $15k to $20k to repair with 10% damage to gear.

No, that's not actually the case because it shouldn't cost $15k to $20k to repair with 10% damage to gear.

If you're paying these prices without wiping, it may be a bug.

If I don't wipe at all, I can do a full set of Gree event dailies (not including Xeno) on my Commando, Gunslinger, Sage, Sorcerer and Shadow with a repair bill around 1k each.

If I wipe, I pay through the nose. :)

Edited by Khevar

I died twice in a PuG KP SM run through GF. My total gear repair bill for just two wipes... 20,200 credits. Stupid.

My wife and I were exploring tactics in a Heroic 4, what a mistake... 28k in repairs. Not being bad is one thing, but her and I like to tune our abilities and now we are punished heavily for dieing.. I have Cartel Armor with Tionese mods....

We talked, if this does not change we will look for entertainment in another game.....

Edited by Themanthatisi

General Forums, announced repair that will take effect next patch. In way of apology for excessive cost they are further reducing repair an additional 50% till early release of the hut cartel expansion.

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, we’d like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience

Edited by Cindron

*fake math* + *fake math* = rage!!!!

60k for a planet's dailies? 75k repairs for no deaths? Let's get a video of that.

80-110k for each planet's dailies. 60k for 3 wipes.

I used to be able to run Ilum dailies 1-2 days per week, wipe for 2 hours in raid, and come out ahead on money.

Now, outrage of outrages, I have to put in effort.

15 minutes on Ilum will net you 50k. Give it a try: Agent Falcon Mission, Downed ship mission, Shield generator mission, destroy turrets mission.

*fake math* + *fake math* = rage!!!!

60k for a planet's dailies? 75k repairs for no deaths? Let's get a video of that.

80-110k for each planet's dailies. 60k for 3 wipes.

I used to be able to run Ilum dailies 1-2 days per week, wipe for 2 hours in raid, and come out ahead on money.

Now, outrage of outrages, I have to put in effort.

15 minutes on Ilum will net you 50k. Give it a try: Agent Falcon Mission, Downed ship mission, Shield generator mission, destroy turrets mission.

Sooo even though there were multiple threads, proving all the problems. Dozens of posts describing in detail.....Well over a thousand posts on one thread AND a developer steps forwards saying "our mistake" you claim "fake math". Well... *walks away*

If you have an 85k repair bill, then you're not playing the game right. Stop dying. Learn to heal, with medpacks or your own abilities. Or find a healer that actually knows what they're doing. Dailies don't give you autodeath. If you don't die at all, you won't have repair costs in the first place.

If you have an 85k repair bill, then you're not playing the game right. Stop dying. Learn to heal, with medpacks or your own abilities. Or find a healer that actually knows what they're doing. Dailies don't give you autodeath. If you don't die at all, you won't have repair costs in the first place.

ROFL!!!!! That was awesome, whew I needed a good laugh. If I thought for a moment you were serious I would have asked you to turn off your computer and step away from it LOL!!!!

I take it you missed the dev post that acknowledged the high prices, apologized for same and promised a price reduction during the next server maintenance?

I take it you missed the dev post that acknowledged the high prices, apologized for same and promised a price reduction during the next server maintenance?

No, because while repair costs are high, you are really *********** up if you have an 80k+ repair bill. I mean, you are dying a lot. If you mitigate your deaths, your repair cost(s) should not be that high. Stop dying. Play better.

No, because while repair costs are high, you are really *********** up if you have an 80k+ repair bill. I mean, you are dying a lot. If you mitigate your deaths, your repair cost(s) should not be that high. Stop dying. Play better.

Interesting lack of reading comprehension. Good luck in your endeavors.

So, I could earn around 150k for doing BH daily and Illum. I earn a little less now, but i haven't noticed a significant drop to make me regret my time spent. I do play a healer and my bud plays a tank --so it's a good set up.

I can't remember the last time I've died on a daily. :confused:

I do realize that the Devs want to help the in-game "economy"-- having repair costs in MMOs for damage or disintegrating gear is always the easy solution to a lack luster economic system. I suppose I just wish they had spent more time fixing the way crafting works: Synthweaving, Armstech, Armortech etc... once you get a mod-able armor set there's not really a need and thus... it seems like wasted code and man hours. I suppose this statement is pointless (it's not even the forum for it).

p.s. stop dying so much. (although, my run through Lost Island HM was a rather painful bill - columi/blackhole)

Edited by LawndartOO