OCP & OmniCorp? Are they the same?

johnnymoscow

More than likely it is the alt guild to OmniCorp.

This is Burtt Reynolds here, owner and founder of OmniCorp, short for Omni Consumer Products Corporation, LTD. I want to clear something up. OCP and OmniCorp are 100% UNRELATED. They are a spam recruitment guild run by some clowns with tiny hats and large shoes.

Wait, Aren't OmniCorp Douches?

OmniCorp has been involved in a lot of trolling and unnecessary ganking in the past, but those times are behind us now. I am working on developing our leadership, our image on the server, and our endgame teams. We are here to stay and, while we may poke some fun from time to time, we'd like to be predominantly known as a "cool guild with cool members who smash Imperials in their junk".

Where & When Did OmniCorp Come From?

I got the idea for the name of OmniCorp from Omni Consumer Products, the name of the evil corporation in the movie "RoboCop". I thought it would be interesting to have a casual RP guild that functions like a company, what with all the Knights this and Council that and Hoorah military style guilds out there...Why not have an honest to goodness galactic private mercenary corporation dedicated to providing quality service in the areas of weapons & arms manufacture, anonymous cargo shipment, Imperial removal & insurance policies, fugitive retrieval, "lost" or "stolen" item recovery, & party planning.

The guild was founded by Burtt Reynolds at lvl 10, and 5 randoms who have pretty much all stopped playing, about 2 months before Free to Play launched. It is currently headed up by Burtt, Datrooper, Bruss & Xium, and we have nearly 200 awesome members.

Why make an "evil corporation" in the Republic?

One, because if this was SWG, we'd be neutral. Being that it is not Galaxies, the side of the conflict doing the least attacking and with the most smugglers seemed right.

Secondly, we're not them. I just got the idea from that most epic of movies, and the name sounds ominous.

And finally, how funny that the "evil corporation" in RoboCop is allowed to exist inside the Republic of the United States of America. This exemplifies the cooperation a Republic, or almost any form of government offering freedom, will give you when large sums of money and state secrets are involved.

We do have an Imp sister guild for RP purposes, which is known as Aperture Labs. It currently has less than 20 people in it, and we have no plans of developing it due to the intelligence leaks it could cause by sharing a single voice chat and member base.

Again, OmniCorp is completely unaffiliated with OCP. We are a 100% Republic guild.

For the record, when we see OCP, we divert and target them first. As far as internal company policy states, OCP owns factories in run down parts of the Empire and makes extremely cheap knock-offs of OmniCorp's quality products at slave wages.

Hope this clears some things up, and remember SLOW DOWN IN THE DUNE SEA. THERE ARE SANDPEOPLE SCHOOLS OUT THERE, WHY DO YOU THINK THEY KEEP ATTACKING US!?

IF YOU ARE CAUGHT SPEEDING, YOU WILL BE CITED AND FINED BY OFFICER BURTT REYNOLDS OF THE DUNE SEA VOLUNTEER POLICE DEPARTMENT!

You're late to the scene. People figured out who OCP was a while ago. I said that within...what, the first month they were coming out? I think people get the picture they are not OmniCorp.

That being said...I think I rather prefer OCP than OmniCorp. I usually try to steer clear of server politics and drama, but you and a few of your members don't act the best in RP environments. You're just as bad as OCP in PvP (when one does catch them doing something wrong).

At least Robocop showed up to one of our RP events with nearly his entire guild and each and every one behaved. You guys however... troll people RPing until they log off and also gank others (poor Arcanium!) with the excuse someone has a bounty on you and you wont stop ganking until the bounty is released (nope, your guild doesn't have a bounty on you and your guild ...at least, not from me - bountys are RP duels only btw). OmniCorp sits in OOC, telling various RPers F*** you, F*** off and various other curses and insults.

My PvPers have had their bad days and no one is perfect, but they know to behave and quit when someone asks and do not pretend they're RPing when they're really just trolling. OCP has calmed down and people need to stop hating on them, otherwise nothing will get better.

Of course... I will exclude Sibek. At least he tries and often has his good or bad days (even if he was included in that trolling). I can imagine you'll use the excuse for your trolling ("revenge" , as you put it?) for politely asking you guys not to naked duel in the middle of people RPing but... I know I'm a pretty nice girl and that I did that in a respectful manner. Despite how I feel currently about a bunch of OmniCorps, I do apologize if I had made you guys mad to the point where you felt you had to troll. I also apologize for feeling brave enough to speak up about this...

Edited by Luniara

My post has been edited. It is 10 AM, my coffee maker is broken, and I only skimmed over your letter. I have now read it more thoroughly. I thank you for your apology. Again, I will restate this:

OmniCorp has different rules now.

Sorry for being a douche. Blame Black & Decker.

Edited by johnnymoscow

RP in the cantina happens every single night. Cross faction, with no problems. Hundreds of stories pass through that place. Lots of different guilds, doing lots of different things.

No one was trying to stop your "company party". It's a big place, big enough that if people are on one side, they can't actually see the /say of the people on the other side. The issue comes in when you and your people get right up on another player and are intentionally being disruptive. When the intention is to be rude and stop other people from enjoying the game.

And to be completely honest, as I play both factions, I have yet to have a good experience with anyone from your guild, in any setting and it's really rare for me to say that, because I have a tendency to get along with pretty much everyone.

If things are really different with your group now as far as rules and such, prove it. Show some respect and you will most certainly earn some. Actions ALWAYS speak louder than words.

Of course... I will exclude Sibek. At least he tries and often has his good or bad days (even if he was included in that trolling)

Never thought I'd read that...

But Luniara, I don't understand why you came here and made a relatively negative post, it's basically just asking for a good ol' fashioned elementary school verbal fight, it would've be best to ignore the thread entirely and just say "Sibek's a great guy"

IN FACT

We should all just stop this childish bickering and talk about me.

Edited by Vhexit

I have to say I was surprised and disappointed to hear that Omnicorp used to troll RPers. I was a member in its early days on an alt, and the community at that time was devoid of jerks and douches.

Previously I directed inquiring people looking for a large, casual guild, to them. But I think I'll have to suspend that practice until I hear they've changed their ways. If you're not into RP, that's fine. But trolling it? Why. Just why.

Edited by sharpenedstick

Never thought I'd read that...

But Luniara, I don't understand why you came here and made a relatively negative post, it's basically just asking for a good ol' fashioned elementary school verbal fight, it would've be best to ignore the thread entirely and just say "Sibek's a great guy"

IN FACT

We should all just stop this childish bickering and talk about me.

Oooh let the woman gripe if she's got legitimate gripes. If your organization is truly responsible for it, it would be the mature thing to accept these gripes with the promise of improving on them by correcting said behavior.