BiS for Anni and Rupture?

justinpiet

Can anyone either take the time to explain to me what the BiS is or send me somewhere to find out. I hear its a PvP armor set please tell me its not. I don't want to grind out PvP armor. Maybe if you guys would be so kind to tell me PvE BiS lol.

Also, should I wait until the rupture dot falls off to refresh it or do it on cooldown?

• 2 weeks later...

@justin

Rupture has two components (1) a relatively weak direct damage, and (2) a 6s damage-over-time or DoT. Every second for 6s the DoT does fixed amount of damage; this is equal to four GCDs. Basically, if you use the ability more often than every 4th attack you are only doing comparatively weak direct damage as the DoT was already present. You would be better off using Vicious Slash, which has the same Rage cost, or Assault to build more Rage.

Also, the base damage is the same for each tick of the DoT. Still, the ticks can crit and when they do you actually get a ~2x increase in damage on it. This is derived from your surge. Base Surge is 50% plus bleeds get an extra 30% from Bleedout then add your surge rating.