first strictly pvp toon, crew skill

ElevenBfour

Hey folks, after more tahn a year playing, I{m delving into pvp. Decided to Go Sent since most of my toons are Empire, well, my three 50's are all tanks (Jugg, PT, Assn). I have two Biochem's and 1 Artifice. For a pvp'ing Sent, what crew skill? And i'm pretty set on leveling Combat since I heard it was better 1v1. I will be doing WZ's, but I like builds that let me 1v1 better than others regardless of OP spec which I read is the Focus.

Any other advice is welcome. Thanks..

The only crew skills that have any Warzone utility are Biochem and Cybertech (for grenades - and at 50, reusable ones). If you want to skip the utility, then any of the following are good as well: Synthweaving and Artifice (+ Cybertech).

With Combat you'll find that you'll basically just be "slashing away" at your targets until you get to 30-something. Fast and efficient slashing, though!

The only crew skills that have any Warzone utility are Biochem and Cybertech (for grenades - and at 50, reusable ones). If you want to skip the utility, then any of the following are good as well: Synthweaving and Artifice (+ Cybertech).

With Combat you'll find that you'll basically just be "slashing away" at your targets until you get to 30-something. Fast and efficient slashing, though!

Can you really maintain better gear with Sytheweaving? I only ask because if I update my gear every 2 levels, I can get a new piece for every slot off the GTN. But with Sytheweaving I noticed I can only upgrade 1 or two pieces every two levels. Even if I keep my gear blue through Sytheweaving, is it still better than buying Green gear off the GTN?

It's more cost efficient, to say the least. Blue schematics are easy to get, and green gear is basically worthless in lowbie-PvP (blue scales a lot better!). But you also have to consider the end-game situation of course. With Synthweaving you can craft your own Augment Kits and also Might Augments that are your preferred choice. :)

It's more cost efficient, to say the least. Blue schematics are easy to get, and green gear is basically worthless in lowbie-PvP (blue scales a lot better!). But you also have to consider the end-game situation of course. With Synthweaving you can craft your own Augment Kits and also Might Augments that are your preferred choice. :)

Hmm, well, I'll try Sytheweaving then. Never thought about being able to augment my own gear, and I haven't done it yet. Since my last two toons were biochem, I'm a little burnt out on it.

Does being able to make your own grenades help a lot?

It's a convenience more than a real "help". You can just buy (or craft) the lowest-lvl green-quality 'nades that have the knockdown effect and use them, or by 50 get to use the purple-quality reusables that have extended effects and more damage. All grenades are on the same cooldown, though, so you can't spam different ones. I use the knockdown, root and snare ones myself, depending on the situation.