Darkside corruption?

saremun

Hi everyone!

I have done the False Emperor many times and i just wonder if the color of the eyes which Malgus has indicate that he is more powerful than us or what?

i really love the look and color of his eyes(looks more like Palpatin in Movies) but does not understand why we go the red color when we reach rank 5 Darkside corruption, is that the top or there is more after that? for the eyes color i mean, from Lore POV.

Well, officially, if your commitment to the Dark Side of the Force is strong enough, your eyes will normally take on a more yellow tone. That rule doesn't exactly seem to apply to characters in SWTOR however. Dark I characters in SWTOR get orange eyes that become red as you progress toward Dark V. Malgus himself is no exception to this. Even in the CG cutscenes, his eye color goes more towards orange than Palpatine yellow (or I'm simply to colorblind to distinguish yellow from orange). Same goes for Jaesa Willsaam, if turned to the Dark Side.

I don't know why it was changed to this in SWTOR, perhaps the designers thought simply that red is more evil than yellow. I mean, even the Emperor himself has red eyes.

Edited by BenKatarn

I don't know why it was changed to this in SWTOR, perhaps the designers thought simply that red is more evil than yellow. I mean, even the Emperor himself has red eyes.

yeah i don't understand it either, i searched through the Lore and Internet but nothing about Red eyes for the sith, Malgus has the closest eyes color according to lore and sith Legends(i mean when i compare every other sith in game to Malgus)

however since it exist in game for Malgus i hope we will get the same, let say like a deed once you finish it the color of your eyes becomes more and more like a real Sith. i understand that some players think the red eyes make a cool look for their characters but in Lore its not true.