looking for a pure DPS build

Darnapkin

While i dig the 31 gunnery rout, give some thought to a hybrid spec. Commando is probably best suited to a hybrid gunnery/heals spec and there is a lot of video on twitch of Crys demolishing people in PVP using a 20/21 heals/gunnery spec. Just food for thought.

While i dig the 31 gunnery rout, give some thought to a hybrid spec. Commando is probably best suited to a hybrid gunnery/heals spec and there is a lot of video on twitch of Crys demolishing people in PVP using a 20/21 heals/gunnery spec. Just food for thought.

This is interesting. I just went and played around with a 21/20 build. I didn't look at Crys' build and actually don't know who that is, but this does seem like it would be a possible hybrid. I just wonder how much my damage would suffer by not getting the higher tier gunnery talents and by not having demo round.

Good suggestion.

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, but they're asking for a pure DPS build, not a PvP build. 20/21 is monsterous in PVP, but for PvE aspects not so much.

31 in Gunnery is pretty no brainer for a pure PVE DPS build imo. Demo round is just really way too good. By the time you get it you should have enough surge to get Demo round crits over 2k since it also benefits from Deadly Fire, and since its instant use, its really a must have DPS. Also no brianer is 3 points into field training, and 3 into target lock for when you take on bosses. After that I'm not sure how I wanna finish the tree. I'm 45 and this is my plan to 48

But after that I'm just not sure. I don't think we get any benefit out of supercharged cells if we're using Armor Piercing Cell and that leaves me thinking Heavy Trooper might be the best place to spend those last two skill points. Thoughts?