The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Unique Looks & Utility

DarthTHC

As a subscriber, I have a whole lot of cartel coins saved up. I think I used some once to unlock a race. Probably should have just waited until I got the character to 50, but whatever. Aside from that, I've not found anything worth spending my Cartel Coins on.

Part of the reason for that is that I feel they are more closely related to real-world currency than are Credits and I can buy with Credits just about everything I'd consider spending Cartel Coins on. I tend to spend credits on things like experience boosts (both Legacy and the trinkets from Cartel Gambling) and some of the cartel armors that come out of the Gambling Pbacks. I'd never spend Cartel Coins on them because the ratio of Cartel Coins to credit value on the GTN is way, WAY out of whack.

But since you put this forum up, I figured I'd give it some thought and try to figure out what would compel me to spend Cartel Coins. I came up with a few.

1) Unique Looks

Everyone who wears anything that comes from the Cartel Market, whether purchased directly or via Gambling Packs still looks the same. OK, fine, you have a few different color variations on the same basic shape for some of the outfits, but there still aren't many.

It would be nice if there could be a way for me to clothe my characters so they look at least somewhat unique. Armors seem to have 2 color palettes. Give us dyes with the ability to change both of these palettes. Or... something. Heck, your're the game designers. You should be able to figure out how to not force us to all look like emo-goth Revan's or strippers in slightly different color shards of cloth!

2) Streamline Class Stories

After you've leveled a character on each faction, the planetary and side quests are horribly boring and even border on painful. Yet there is such richness in the class stories that we feel compelled to complete them. So I have to force myself to trudge through the same tired quests just to find the great little gems hidden in between them.

Imagine yourself reading the same book over and over again, with the content of one page of each chapter changing each time through it. That's what you've created.

It sorta sucks. Well, by "sorta" I mean "horribly, tremendously".

There are other options, of course, like running flash points, war zones, and space missions. But those are no less grindy than the planetary and side quests once you've done them a few times.

Give us a way to accelerate our advancement once we've experienced all the planetary and side quests on each side, so that we can consume the fun stuff without grinding through the stuff that was great the first time but eye-bleedingly painful the 4th.

3) Datacrons - Ugh!

This seems like a pretty frequent request. The (advertised) idea behind Datacrons was to reward exploration. But once we've done the exploring once on each side, the exploring's done!

What's more, some of the Datacrons are just painfully Mario-like in their jumping requirements. Some might get them pretty easily while others could give up in frustration and never get them.

Give us a way to share our Datacron unlocks with all our characters in our legacy, on the same side.