The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Companion-oriented outfits

Sadishist

Am talking about pimped-up versions of all companion starting outfits which are moddable. Example- Mavalai Quinn starts with an imperial officers uniform that has the Lieutenant rank insignia. How about adding one just for him in the cartel market that has a Captain rank insignia, since he gets promoted? Plus it is uniquely designed and customized armored look. Suggesting for each companion. Edited by Sadishist

I also think this is a great idea, a lot of people ignore the Green companion items you get access to as you level up in favour of the Commendations. A max level costume to round out my characters companions would be great, especially something appropriate to their personality/story..

I soooo support this!

Especially Mako has a nice choice of outfits when you leave your starter planet. Most people I see pick the black/white one, which is indeed very cool, but the red one looks pretty awesome as well. I haven't tried the other one yet, but I'm sure it looks very nice too.

And almost all companions have very neat custom but sadly non-moddable outfits like that. And the worst part is: you can only get the custom outfit for 1 companion at a time. So when you pick the custom piece for Ensign Temple, you won't get a piece for the custom set for Kaliyo of that level.

As a result: people miss out on a LOT of nice content, and people generally focus on gearing up only 1 of their companions, leaving their other very undergeared companions to rot. Why bring a companion who's 20 levels undergeared when you could bring your constantly upgraded companion? Why bother getting an item for your undergeared companion if you won't bring it with you for ages? Big waste of all the development that went into designing these companions and their outfits.

So, I'd suggest: bring moddable versions of their "pick one of three" outfits from the starter planets on the market.

In addition, for each companion, bring some additional packs on the market with some of their outfits for various levels, fully modded, and of a level slightly higher than the level where you usually obtain those outfits. So you'll (generally) get these sets from your class missions BEFORE you can use the Cartel Store versions.

For example:

Vette's Procurement Pack: contains moddable versions of Vette's Slicing outfit, Vette's Civilian Outfit and Vette's Reinforced outfit. 3 pieces each, so 9 pieces total, modded for lvl 20

Vette's Sleek Pack: contains moddable versions of all the "Vette's Sleek" items, 7 pieces, modded for lvl 35

Vette's Tech Packj: contains moddable versions of all the "Vette's Tech" items, 7 pieces, modded for lvl 49

That's a pretty balanced selection I'd say, 4 packs for each companion.

And these should be available for ALL companions, not just the first ones we get. So similar selections would be availlable for Malavai and Jaesa, though those wouldn't get the initial tripple pack, since you don't get them that early in game.

Malavai's collection would start with a lvl 20 pack for the gear you initially get him in, then a lvl 35 pack of another outfit, and finally the lvl 49 pack with yet another outfit. So only 3 packs.

Jaesa's packs would start at lvl 35 (the outfit you initially find her in), and then later the lvl 49 pack, so only 2 packs.

All depending on the level you (generally) get the character, and which outfits would be available at the different "pack lvls". It won't be all the outfits, that might be a bit too much and clutter up the store with way too many goods, so just a nice selection of the sets available, at different level milestones/intervals.

Obviously, there wouldn't be any outfits for the droid companions, nor for other "undressable" companions like Khem. But we can always suggest additional customizations for those companions instead.

All this might require a new Cartel Store Category, like "Companion Outfits". Though I actually won't mind if the sets were equipable by other companions or even players as well.