The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Give subscribers more coins

Sledgeweb

Subscribers don't get enough cartel coins for the monthly fee.

As an example... the new speeder costs 1800 CC. As a subscriber, I get 500 / month. That means I have to save up for 4 months to buy the speeder. Looking at the CC rates, I should get about 1,500 CC / month for the $15 I pay. At 500 CC / month, I can only afford about 3 expensive cartel market items per year! I believe subscribers should be better rewarded than that.

As an example... the new speeder costs 1800 CC. As a subscriber, I get 500 / month. That means I have to save up for 4 months to buy the speeder. Looking at the CC rates, I should get about 1,500 CC / month for the $15 I pay. At 500 CC / month, I can only afford about 3 expensive cartel market items per year! I believe subscribers should be better rewarded than that.

this is not gonna happen. you want that speeder? just buy CC

Just a small note. Your 15€ a month buys you access to the game with no restrictions. The Cartel Coin grant is a bonus for subscribing, and not a direct conversion (to Coins) of what you paid.

this is not gonna happen. you want that speeder? just buy CC

But, this is a major problem with subscribing... if you have to subscribe AND buy more on top of that, then... why subscribe? I think maybe BW actually wants to push people out of subscription and into F2P with micro-transactions. In this case, I don't really want the speeder — I just think subscribers should get an amount of coins per month that is useful and a decent reward for their continued subscription.

But, this is a major problem with subscribing... if you have to subscribe AND buy more on top of that, then... why subscribe? I think maybe BW actually wants to push people out of subscription and into F2P with micro-transactions. In this case, I don't really want the speeder — I just think subscribers should get an amount of coins per month that is useful and a decent reward for their continued subscription.

why subscribe? uhh for play the game with no restriccions? duh

why subscribe? uhh for play the game with no restriccions? duh

Yes, but many of those restrictions can be removed with Cartel unlocks. Depending on how you play, it may be cheaper to play F2P with unlocks versus subscribing. To entice more toward subscribing, I'm merely suggesting the monthly CC stipend could be increased as an additional incentive. This is a suggestion forum. This is a suggestion. Not a mandate.

I get 700 coins a month from my sub, personally...

While I definitely would not be opposed to receiving more free stuff, I think we should be grateful for the fact that we are getting any free stuff at all. Your sub pays for your access to the game, not for the coins.

Really cant see this happening they want us to spend more cash on CC they will hardly add cool new stuff and then up how many cartel coins we get so we dont have to spend real cash on it. Personally I have yet to spend any CC I have been given. I dont like the idea of the lotto boxes and cant see the need to buy a cool outfit if I then lose my matching gear bonus.

Add a security key to your account. You'll get an extra 100 a month. And then buy any more coins you need.

I subscribe AND spend about $100 a month on coins. And i have no problem with that.