The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Bound Cartel Market Gear... Yes or No?

Hello there,

An idea I was thinking about since PTS was allowing all bound cartel outfit (and possibly weapon) sets become bound to legacy as well. There are very view legacy pieces as it is right now that a lot of use don't even really like that much (and/or have little use to level 50 characters). Adding this option to the cartel market would also allow characters, like myself, who either bound the gear for a short while and got tried of the look and bought something new, or accidentally bound it not knowing that 2hrs the item is bound to you would expire and bind the item to you if you tried to equip it.

Now I can see how this may be a potential profit loss to EA/Bioware and I am well aware that profits of the Market go into consideration of ideas too. Perhaps there could be an account purchasable unlock that binds all cartel items (that the player already bound to a character) to the legacy. This way you aren't giving the legacy bound option free and but players will have the option to pay for it or use the GTN to pay for it.

On the flip side, I have heard that a lot of players believes that all cartel items (gear, weapons, items...) should be bound to legacy because they paid for them and since the player, not the character per-say, purchased them, that the items when bound should be bound to the players=LEGACY and not just the character that it was bound on.... if that makes sense.

So what are your thoughts? Should cartel gear/Weapons be bound to legacy when bound to a character in a legacy? To you believe that these items should be automatically bound to the legacy system when you bind it because the "player" not the "character" purchased it?

Leave your own thoughts and support/"de"-support here! I love to hear everyone feedback on this issue!

I agree. We should be able to shuffle around those outfits between our characters.

What might look great on my Tank today could be even better on my new TOON another day.

I'm VERY hesitant to purchase any gear just for the fact it's bound to a specific character for life.

OPTION B: Drop the prices on these.. I think they are still a little high for single use.

I agree. We should be able to shuffle around those outfits between our characters.

What might look great on my Tank today could be even better on my new TOON another day.

I'm VERY hesitant to purchase any gear just for the fact it's bound to a specific character for life.

OPTION B: Drop the prices on these.. I think they are still a little high for single use.

Yeah I have to agree with you - I am always changing out my outfits on all my toons. A cartel legacy gear auth. would be nice