looking for insight on differneces in tanking

Serikahn

hey all I have a level 50 juggernaut tank and I have begun to level an assassin tank I am undecided for late game tanking what are the most noticeable differences in tanking styles I know threat gen is better but i do not have issues (run mostly guild groups using vent) more interested in play style difference between the two

hey all I have a level 50 juggernaut tank and I have begun to level an assassin tank I am undecided for late game tanking what are the most noticeable differences in tanking styles I know threat gen is better but i do not have issues (run mostly guild groups using vent) more interested in play style difference between the two

To go along with what the previous poster said...

More than anything, Assassin requires a significantly higher level of fight knowledge than either other tank to really play well.

Since the CDs are damage-type-dependent you need to be able to anticipate when large damage spikes are coming. This means knowing exactly what hurts the most on any given fight, what kind of attack (or group of attacks) are causing the pain, and how frequently they occur so that you can plan optimal use of your CDs to maximize mitigation.

Since a big component of mitigation is self-healing and a big component of self-healing is channeled Force Lightning, you need to be aware of boss mechanics which will interrupt a cast and plan around them to maximize the healing you can do without interruption.

And, to a lesser extent, you need to be aware of the environment around you more than any other tank, as your gap closer doesn't involve instant, unimpeded movement to a target. You don't want to wander through elemental hazards because you didn't pay attention to where they were.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.