The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT Leveling question

ValicanX

Was thinking about leveling a Powertech, finding myself very bored with other characters. But not quite sure how to spec, a few threads have noted the Shield Tech is fine for leveling, a bit slow, but fine. Others say that Pyro is the way to go, and with Mako you can burn through monsters in no time. So kind of confused, I was thinking maybe a mix of the two, I only plan to solo through the quests, maybe attempt a Heroic 2+, and of course the occasional WZ. So my main 2 questions, what is the "preferred" leveling spec, and with this spec, is it possible to solo a Heroic 2+?

Was thinking about leveling a Powertech, finding myself very bored with other characters. But not quite sure how to spec, a few threads have noted the Shield Tech is fine for leveling, a bit slow, but fine. Others say that Pyro is the way to go, and with Mako you can burn through monsters in no time. So kind of confused, I was thinking maybe a mix of the two, I only plan to solo through the quests, maybe attempt a Heroic 2+, and of course the occasional WZ. So my main 2 questions, what is the "preferred" leveling spec, and with this spec, is it possible to solo a Heroic 2+?

If you're bored with other characters, I can't promise that PT is for you, there is quite a lot of Flame burst > rapid shot only moments; unless you get creative for trash mobs and Sticky dart, flamethrower, Death from above etc... :D

You are correct that Shield Tech is slow....it is damn slow with Mako aswell, you only get a dps companion on Tatooine...

Pyro is definitely better for normal quest speed with Mako and you don't die that easy in general. However, if you are someone that enjoys grouping up for Heroics, go tank for quick groups :) I can't see you soloing an H2+ though unless you are overlevelled.

Part of me also thinks you should try an Advanced Prototype/Shield Tech hybrid, it works well and it's what I levelled with until I could get access the Rail Shot cooldown reset talent (the name escapes me) and other important talents higher up, at which point I went full Pyro.

Sounds good, and yeah it's not so much being bored, it's the stories and the characters just aren't catching me. Maybe I'm too much of a nerd, or something :D, but I am just looking for that one character that "clicks" :D:D:D I don't know if anyone knows what I mean, but that one character that screams PLAY ME! :D