Question about PvP Min/Max Rage Marauder- Surge

IAmViiOLENT

Hey everyone, so Im a very skilled Mara in pve, and have recently discovered that my sorcerer is not my only toon I'm good at it in pvp as well! Turns out, I can play carnage/rage very proficiently in pvp, and I just finished min/maxing with my Rage Mara with: 675 Melee Bonus Damage, 0 Crit, 1208 expertise and 477 surge (53 accuracy). I'm going to be progressing into playing in Rated's though, so I want to be absolutely certain on my surge/accuracy ratings. On my force attacks, does surge actually keep stacking past the 100% or does it actually cap there and the resulting 109.41% I see on my character profile is a graphical glitch? Someone in my guild is pretty sure that surge makes little difference at that level, and I'd be better off with more accuracy (I'd only go to 95%ish, as every class aside from the inquis/any tank have only 5% def chance).

Yes, multiplier over 100% still counts. If your base is 79%, your talent that gives you +30% indeed pushes you to 109% for force attacks. The same thing for sorc multiplier on DoTs and Death Field in the Madness tree, they all get pushed to 108%.

I tend to agree on adding a bit more accuracy... there comes a point in stacking surge where an extra enhancement adds only about 0.3% multiplier, whereas having that an accuracy enhancement would add some 1.5% accuracy -- the choice is always clear for me. I usually keep accuracy at about 96.3% on my melee characters with the 1% companion bonus. That's 3 pieces of accuracy and everything else surge. I do this on my other toons with alacrity as well.

Edited by Monterone

Yes, multiplier over 100% still counts. If your base is 79%, your talent that gives you +30% indeed pushes you to 109% for force attacks. The same thing for sorc multiplier on DoTs and Death Field in the Madness tree, they all get pushed to 108%.

I tend to agree on adding a bit more accuracy... there comes a point in stacking surge where an extra enhancement adds only about 0.3% multiplier, whereas having that an accuracy enhancement would add some 1.5% accuracy -- the choice is always clear for me. I usually keep accuracy at about 96.3% on my melee characters with the 1% companion bonus. That's 3 pieces of accuracy and everything else surge. I do this on my other toons with alacrity as well.

That was my thought on it. Glad to know its true.