Rage Tank?

CJSBOSOX

Hello guys. First post here so don't kill me. I am wondering how I could make my rage spec less squishy and thought of trying an immortal mix. How viable, if at all is this set-up for PVE? I currently have a full Vindicator's armor set.

I guess I would rely on Jessa or Vette to clean up. Not claiming to be an expert, hence I need your thoughts...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101GMhkudMbZZGMordc.2

You're missing out on shockwave, 30% armor penetration 30% force surge, and force crush, huge parts of what makes rage so great. You pretty much have to put 31 points into rage if you want to go rage, you lose way too much trying to spec into immortal for survivability. Request a guard if you can get one, use your cooldowns judiciously, and try to avoid avoidable damage. If you want to be a more bulky jugg dps, go vengeance. Vengeance can even go hybrid for PVP, but it won't be that great for PVE.

In short, the jugg isn't suited for PVE hybrids. There's a few classes that can do hybrid (sniper, powertech, sorc), but jugg isn't really one of them.

Edited by MantorokTwelve

Hello guys. First post here so don't kill me. I am wondering how I could make my rage spec less squishy and thought of trying an immortal mix. How viable, if at all is this set-up for PVE? I currently have a full Vindicator's armor set.

I guess I would rely on Jessa or Vette to clean up. Not claiming to be an expert, hence I need your thoughts...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101GMhkudMbZZGMordc.2

this would sacrifice mitigation, but aoe threat and threat in general would be boosted with the 100% smash crits, and Oblit/vicious slash etc.

Free Scream, still keeping the bubble... Its not bad I suppose... Still not my pick of the best thing to run, but for lower level content or something you outgear that doesnt do too much damage, you should be fine.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101GMGdubMZZGMordc.2

It depends on what you are defining as PvE and what role you are trying to play.

If you're running around with a companion then it doesn't really matter. Any issues you are having are probably gear related more than anything else.

If you're running operations as a DPS you've gimped your potential tremendously.

If you're running operations as a tank, then the greatest drawback of that spec is that you've skipped over single saber mastery which point for point is too good to pass up, otherwise it might be viable. You're not really missing much from the immortal tree and the dps gains from the rage tree in all likelihood make up for the loss of threat bonuses.

Edited by Zuuf
spelling mistakes

I ran immortal up to sonic barrier and 2 pts into unchanneling force choke then rage. Obliterate to keep sb. You lose some dps, of course, but smash will lay 4 stacks of sundering to AoE from immortal, you roll in soresu and you'll have sonic barrier up more often then not, for defense. Plus you can still keep autocrit for smash.

I'm not an expert but i'm liking the build. Feel free to give it shot and see how you like it.

I ran immortal up to sonic barrier and 2 pts into unchanneling force choke then rage. Obliterate to keep sb. You lose some dps, of course, but smash will lay 4 stacks of sundering to AoE from immortal, you roll in soresu and you'll have sonic barrier up more often then not, for defense. Plus you can still keep autocrit for smash.

I'm not an expert but i'm liking the build. Feel free to give it shot and see how you like it.

For soloing content, you'll do ok, but you can do ok with pretty much any build in solo content with your pet.

This hybrid is pretty bulky in PVP, and could be adapted pretty easily for PVE I think. I'd think about putting points into accuracy from pooled hatred, unyielding, or stagger, but otherwise it's a pretty tight build, gives you a decent amount of survivability and doesn't lose too much power.