The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cross-Faction grouping

austinrs

There is a big problem with the way the game is set up right now if you have friends who join the other faction and there doesn't seem to be a solution other than "just reroll". It's especially bad if you are limited on character slots.

I get not allowing it in the open world, but in an Instance why should it matter? And don't give me any storyline ******** response. My Jedi Knight has a Sith Lord in it's party, and my Sith Inquisitor has a Jedi Knight, so if they can bridge the gap and become friends then why can't I on occasion group with a friend?

This game won't allow Faction Changes, but I don't want to give up my main character because a bunch of people joined the wrong faction.

Hm. If this happened in closed off area's like Operations, or Flashpoints... y'know, it would actually be doable. I mean, it'd take some getting used to. But it'd be very doable. :D I'd love to use my Jedi Guardian in place of my Juggernaut when my guild raids. They are both tanks, I just like some of the Guardian animations (and gear) better. o:

There is a big problem with the way the game is set up right now if you have friends who join the other faction and there doesn't seem to be a solution other than "just reroll". It's especially bad if you are limited on character slots.

I get not allowing it in the open world, but in an Instance why should it matter? And don't give me any storyline ******** response. My Jedi Knight has a Sith Lord in it's party, and my Sith Inquisitor has a Jedi Knight, so if they can bridge the gap and become friends then why can't I on occasion group with a friend?

This game won't allow Faction Changes, but I don't want to give up my main character because a bunch of people joined the wrong faction.

On some worlds you can, on Tattooine for example. I have done a heroic as a smuggler there in a party with a Sith Inquisitor.

I play both factions. I don't see why you must limit yourself to one faction. You don't need to re-roll, keep your current character, use your character to support your new one on the other faction (you can send in-game mail, credits, and items to your characters on the opposing faction).

Playing both factions allows you to be each other's bad guys for open world PvP or Role Play purposes.

Have fun!