7 Weeks and Counting.

Yndras

Thanks Banegio. Yup, that was the cite I was looking for.

So... nothing to worry about yet. I've seen the PTS on a 3 week cycle, a 2 week cycle and a 1 week cycle. So... not sure how long it will be on the server.

BTW, I live in Austin... and BW just hired a bunch of peeps to do SWTOR testing. So... not sure what this means for the PTS, but there is obviously testing done outside of the PTS as there should be.

I was expecting more cartel market updates i guess. But i would never begrudge someone a holiday. i know how hard these guys work, that was never the question. The question was whether they could deliver to that schedule.

They have been great so far, i would hate to see that slip.

What did anyone really believe BioWare about that whole 6 week content thing?

Please I think everyone knows dying games don't get new content.

Some people did, the same people that argued till they were blue in the face that SWTOR produced more content over its first 12 months than Rift did. :confused:

Personally I think 12 weeks is going to be a more likely average, if you discount new Cashshop gear.

Some people did:

And those people are still right.

Bioware has, since the 6 week release schedule was announced, not once broken that promise. And the 9 weeks said in the 1.6 Q&A also still is not broken.

So really Goretzu, doomsaying much lately?

The thing that kinda got to me is it started off as every 6 weeks, then in the live streem it jumped to 6-8 weeks with longer for what I believe was just the 3rd update to 9 weeks. Unless 1.7 is going to hit the testing pack soon it looks unlikly they will keep to the 9 week date range. The other thing that always makes me chuckle is they say a new updaate within 6 weeks but its always the last possible day that they update comes out, they never exceed expectation just slip in on the last day.

Funny.. I never heard them say they deliver new content 'within 6 weeks' in the way that it could be shorter. I think the only announcement was that they were planning to deliver new content every 6 weeks. So how does doing exactly that (and through that, by definition delivering on the exact day the 6th week ends) become a bad thing in your mind?

Also.. to even more make your claim one that has no base in actual reality. Release dates of 1.5 and 1.6:

1.5 11/15/2012

1.6 12/11/2012

That is 26 days between two content patches. 26 days is 3 weeks and 5 days.

So actually.. the last patch was delivered more than 2 weeks early in the 6 week Release schedule. So, considering them never delivering early always makes you chuckle, I guess you never chuckle then?

Also: if they deliver 1.7 9 weeks after 1.6 as promised they will actually still have delivered 3 content patches within around 18 to 19 weeks. Which is, on average, just over 6 weeks per patch. And that includes the holiday season.

Edited by Devlonir

you have got to be kidding me right??? we all know they will take longer because they went on holiday, that's fine with me, but we all know that those bugs wont get squashed, they never have, nor will they ever be.

Ummm I think you either ment to quote someone else, or you 100% did not read my post. :rolleyes:

Couple things to remember so as not to be too dissapointed:

1.7 has a stated release timeframe of "spring 2013"

- Spring of 2013 is March 20th to June 20th. That is when 1.7 may be released.

The next content update will likely be the Gree/Ilum world event.

The last 2 world events hit live servers without first going on the PTR.

That said, I'm expecting the next world event within 2 weeks, some other bit of content update 6 weeks after that. I'm not expecting 1.7 to come out before June, and since I remember what has happened with most other major releases, I'm not really expecting it until sometime in mid to late July.

Find enjoyment however you can in what we have now. No sense getting your hopes up.

Edited by Jaing

That said, I'm expecting the next world event within 2 weeks, some other bit of content update 6 weeks after that. I'm not expecting 1.7 to come out before June, and since I remember what has happened with most other major releases, I'm not really expecting it until sometime in mid to late July.

Find enjoyment however you can in what we have now. No sense getting your hopes up.

1.7 is Return of the Gree and has been announced as the next content patch. What you are referring to as being announced "Spring 2013" is Rise of the Hutt Cartel. That is not 1.7, but could be 1.8.

Considering the 9 weeks after 11th of December puts the Release of 1.7 around 12th - 14th of February. Adding 6 more weeks to that puts us in Spring with 26-28th of March. Not saying that will be the Release date of RotHC, though it could be a world event leading up to it's Release or the moment the early access starts for pre-orders. But yes, technically, RotHC could also still be 6 weeks after that, bringing us to 7th to 9th of May as possible RotHC release. Which is also still Spring.

We will see.

Edited by Devlonir

And those people are still right.

Bioware has, since the 6 week release schedule was announced, not once broken that promise. And the 9 weeks said in the 1.6 Q&A also still is not broken.

So really Goretzu, doomsaying much lately?

They just did, they just stated a reason for it.

But as I said certain people were arguing they'd been pumping out more content than Rift did in its first 12 months, when of course they hadn't.

Telling the truth isn't "doomsaying", it's just telling the truth (whether it's unpalatble or not - anymore than people saying SWTOR was losing subs was "doomsaying" it was just the truth). The truth is alway the truth. :)

It amazes me how many people are confused and think the 1.7 patch is the expansion.

They just did, they just stated a reason for it.

But as I said certain people were arguing they'd been pumping out more content than Rift did in its first 12 months, when of course they hadn't.

Telling the truth isn't "doomsaying", it's just telling the truth (whether it's unpalatble or not - anymore than people saying SWTOR was losing subs was "doomsaying" it was just the truth). The truth is alway the truth. :)

Ok.. I still say they did not, and if they did they barely did it. And that was because of the holidays.

If 1.7 is Released 9 weeks after 1.6, it will be Released less than 13 weeks after 1.5. So that means an average of less than 6.5 weeks for 2 patches. And that includes the holiday season.

And you did not just say 'certain people' you said 'the same people'. You directly linked people that made it clear they would keep their 6 week promise with people that made checkable false statements. And there is no direct, one on one link between those two groups. I for one, am part of one and not the other.

I decided to not reply to that first, but if you want to nitpick, so can I. So therefore, you are already not saying the entire truth and pointing out very specific facts the way you want to to make a negative point. This is as close to the definition of doomsaying as possible.

Also, they did not merely 'state a reason for it', they pre announced it. They basicly said: "We made a general promise of a 6 week schedule for content patches. But we delivered 1.6 a bit early, and the next will be a bit later to give our developers a well deserved holiday break."

So far.. since the Chavin event, the game has had an average Release schedule of one event or patch every 6 weeks. How does this not fit the description of 'aiming for a 6 week release schedule'?

Edited by Devlonir

Been 7 weeks since the last content update. Im pretty sure bioware said the next content update would be approximately 8 weeks but with nothing on the ptr atm, then we are probably looking at another 3 weeks before we see 1.7( assuming they get it on the ptr in the next week.)

Do you think bioware can maintain its updates schedule? Im feeling doubtfull.

I wish they'd ban you for 16 weeks from the forums.

Ok.. I still say they did not, and if they did they barely did it. And that was because of the holidays.

If 1.7 is Released 9 weeks after 1.6, it will be Released less than 13 weeks after 1.5. So that means an average of less than 6.5 weeks for 2 patches. And that includes the holiday season.

And you did not just say 'certain people' you said 'the same people'. You directly linked people that made it clear they would keep their 6 week promise with people that made checkable false statements. And there is no direct, one on one link between those two groups. I for one, am part of one and not the other.

I decided to not reply to that first, but if you want to nitpick, so can I. So therefore, you are already not saying the entire truth and pointing out very specific facts the way you want to to make a negative point. This is as close to the definition of doomsaying as possible.

Also, they did not merely 'state a reason for it', they pre announced it. They basicly said: "We made a general promise of a 6 week schedule for content patches. But we delivered 1.6 a bit early, and the next will be a bit later to give our developers a well deserved holiday break."

So far.. since the Chavin event, the game has had an average Release schedule of one event or patch every 6 weeks. How does this not fit the description of 'aiming for a 6 week release schedule'?

Indeed, even averaging it they are breaking it, and pre-annoucing that you will break your promise doesn't mean you aren't therefore doing it. :)

I think it's fair enough, but I won't deny the truth either. Personally I think they should have gone for a 12 week promise, as I think that IS a schedule they could have kept too.

You are more than welcome to take a quick break and play something else for a bit. Most games don't even have anything equivalent to 9,10 or 11 week release schedule. Stop being impatient and unrealistic. They already told us the Christmas break would set them back two weeks.

Too hard to put baby names in the patch notes this year?

1.7 is Return of the Gree and has been announced as the next content patch. What you are referring to as being announced "Spring 2013" is Rise of the Hutt Cartel. That is not 1.7, but could be 1.8.

Considering the 9 weeks after 11th of December puts the Release of 1.7 around 12th - 14th of February. Adding 6 more weeks to that puts us in Spring with 26-28th of March. Not saying that will be the Release date of RotHC, though it could be a world event leading up to it's Release or the moment the early access starts for pre-orders. But yes, technically, RotHC could also still be 6 weeks after that, bringing us to 7th to 9th of May as possible RotHC release. Which is also still Spring.

We will see.

i would imagine RotHC would be version 2.0 - its a new expansion, with a new level cap and such a new chapter, this should deserve a new version of its own.

Edited by Yndras

i would imagine RotHC would be version 2.0 - its a new expansion, with a new level cap and such a new chapter, this should deserve a new version of its own.

It might well be 2.0 but it seems strange to do that with an Adventure Pack.