The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Likes and Dislikes of SW:TOR

RidgeBlader

So I have been playing this game for a few weeks now having recently subbed and I thought I would express what I found enjoyable with the game so far. I will also say what I do not like and I welcome others to express their opinions on the game in its current state.

• The classes - Well Balanced (well in PVE anyway) makes playing any class fun
  • The trinity - Never thought I would miss the ability to slot into a particular role.
  • The number of species you can play and the default slot size of 12
  • The story..so far
  • The environment - Visually Stunning to see the SW universe brought to life. Both in Planet and the Rail Shooter

Dislikes - With suggest improvements in my eyes.

• Rail Shooter - I know it has sort of been thrown in as a mini-game but the ships, capital ships etc look so stunning I can't believe they would waste an aspect of the game by keeping it on rails. A FFA space shooter could be enabled either PVE or PVP - IMO
  • Bounty Hunter - Merc - The fact that the Merc Arsenal is rooted for its main attack (tracer missile) feels counter to what a bounty hunter should be - fast mobile attacker. I feel that removing the root on tracer, keeping it channeled but shortening the channel a little would go along way to improving the 'feel' of the class.
  • Quest - Questing is archaic in the design the TOR uses, I would like to see a more dynamic quest system set up where if players share the same quest they are able to be dynamically grouped if they are in the correct area so they are not competing for the same enemies. Like what GW2 does. As I see it dynamic grouping is far better in that in encourages cooperation, at this point in time if I come across someone in the same area questing I must whisper them to ask to join a group in order to not have to compete for the same 'resource' as them. If they choose not to respond then I have to either race around trying to kill stuff before them or simply wait until they are done, wait for the re-spawn and go finish the quest. There is a better way to do this, I do not feel it would be that hard to implement.
  • Loot Rolling - I see a lot of complaints about this and I do not see the reason why. It could be solved by simply giving each player in a group(dynamic or otherwise ;)) their own loot drop with a certain %chance to get a loot drop of any item from the boss (etc) they are fighting. Removing the opportunity for players to 'ninja' loot.

I just wanted to point out that they can't really change the questing system to the dynamic way you mention; that's a complete re-design. They would have had to make that decision before writing all the quests. I would like to see the loot thing solved by the game just giving everyone a drop that they can use every so often instead of rolling. That to me seems more implementable. I don't play the space missions, so I can't really speak to those.

As a relatively new player myself (started around October and still subbed), I have to say I am really enjoying the quests, the story and the planets. No real complaints so far.