The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Harpoon in PvE

Talon_Starfire

Can be used as long as the mob isn't immune to it which is reserved for high end mobs in FPs and OPs and/or bosses.

And yes I use it a lot on mine. It is very good for setting up mobs for aoe. Got one range mob hitting you... pull it in and pulse cannon all mobs at once... etc.

If you are tank spec it is extremely useful as it generates threat so it is a very useful tool to control mobs in pve.

Edit: just a note, don't use it if you are in a group and you are not a tank as that'll probably just annoy the tank you keep pulling threat off of and mobs away from where he wants them. If things are going south and your healer is in danger of dieing with a mob on them it might be good to pull them off and get them on you instead. But tread lightly unless you are in voice chat and communicating.

Edited by Keypek

Can be used as long as the mob isn't immune to it which is reserved for high end mobs in FPs and OPs and/or bosses.

And yes I use it a lot on mine. It is very good for setting up mobs for aoe. Got one range mob hitting you... pull it in and pulse cannon all mobs at once... etc.

If you are tank spec it is extremely useful as it generates threat so it is a very useful tool to control mobs in pve.

Edit: just a note, don't use it if you are in a group and you are not a tank as that'll probably just annoy the tank you keep pulling threat off of and mobs away from where he wants them. If things are going south and your healer is in danger of dieing with a mob on them it might be good to pull them off and get them on you instead. But tread lightly unless you are in voice chat and communicating.

I think I plan on tanking because not to brag but I'm good at it. Would you post your spec please?

Thanks

Edited by Talon_Starfire