The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

DPS Rotation for Assault Spec

parmie

Hi,

My ammo management for my vanguard DPS is very erratic. I generally open with - setting the target on fire, high impact bolt, strike, hopefully having a cancelled cd on the bolt again, then when I do something else, maybe plastique, I can be out already.

My gunslinger which I manage at a constant rate mostly being full through all but the longest fights, I would guess that plastique being top of the tree sucks up ammo and is probably one to keep off a standard rotation. but then if bolt and strike are both on cd, I feel like I'm just spamming the free attack, albeit with increased damage when the target is on fire.

What do others use or is it fairly normal to have these peaks and troughs of DPS on vanguards?

My rotation goes reserve cell, incindary round, HIB, stock strike, ion pulse, ion pulse, rapid fire, free attack. I throw in the free HIB as soon as i get it and after i get through the first rapid fire it usually becomes a mess :eek: but my priority usually is 1. HIB 2 stock strike (if it has been at least 4 seconds from the last proc for HIB) 3 ion pulse 4 rapid fire/ free attack. I only use incindary round when reserve powercell is off cooldown.