Need help with Focus mechanic

Chrismilk

Right now I'm a lvl 32 combat sent and need advice.

Should I always be spending my focus without holding back or do I need to conserve it like ammo on a trooper?

I always find after a burst phase, I'm just spamming strike -> Slash, until zealous strike is up.

Does this lower my Damage per second?

Well, sometimes the focus you gained from killing enemies isn't used in the next fight. Sort of how spamming Strike is not to your fullest potential..

I'm not a great warrior but I hear that people who usually have full rage bars are generally not playing to their fullest potential. Rage amount has nothing to do with dissipation levels as I'm aware of, so yes, spend it asap.

Spend it like water. Early on you don't have a lot of Focus builders but later on you get them. Plus good rotations help with Focus building as well. So get in the habit of striking hard and fast with what Focus you have.

I am only little so far (11 woo), but if I can already see my next fight and the one I am in is easy enough I try to end my fight with plenty of focus so that I can jump to the next one and obliterate everything without having to bother building it again.

This works particularly well for bosses as it doesn't dissipate during cut scenes, so you can start the fight from an advantage.

combat ussually isn't focus starved depending on how you spec... you should be taking talents when you're playing that give you focus while you're being hit or build centering while taking dmg so that you can reduce your focus usage with Zen for example. Zealous strike has a really short cooldown in Combat past a certain level if you spec for the perk.

I seem to always have 3 to 6 focus in Combat. Freakin' Smash spec is always high on the Focus because of zen and free force sweeps. Watchman gets lots of free Focus and shorter leap cooldowns and range to build up.

summary; shouldn't be an issue. Just keep leveling