New Commando

dfolz

Me and my sister are going to start play together. She isnt very good and she is one of those people who are low level and think they can defeat anyone. So i need to be a good DSPer but still have some healing abilities. Is a commando a good choice or should i pick another class.

if you want to do good DPS and good heals then either Scoundrel healer or Commando are your options.

Commando DPS still gets 2 heals and you can also spec up the healing tree a little to get Combat support Cell that will turn your gun into a healing beam. That along with the 2 heals will allow you to heal some but DO NOT consider your self a main healer unless you spec all the way up the Healing tree.

You can spec up the healing tree and still do reasonable DPS as a commando or a Scoundrel but the commando has a little more durability.

however I would recommend going DPS with the commando and then have both of you use your companion healers as soon as you get them, then you would only need your heals as a commando in an emergency.

The other option would be to use a tank class like a vanguard then you could be the TANK and taunt mobs off your sister and better control the fight.

Edited by ChicagoBearsFan

Commando DPS still gets 2 heals and you can also spec up the healing tree a little to get Combat support Cell that will turn your gun into a healing beam.

Slight correction. ALL Commandos get Combat Support Cell at level 14. No need to spec into the healing tree.

Wht do u suggest, Vanguard or Commando

It depends on whether she wants to be a tank Shadow or a DPS Shadow. If she wants to be a tank Shadow, Commando would probably be the best, especially if you're willing to spec as heals for a tank/healer combo: the two of you could 2 man pretty much everything while you're leveling. If she wants to roll as DPS, VG is probably better: even if you don't want to tank, VG DPS is amazing. Of course, you could go as 1 tank and 1 DPS and just ride along with 2 heal companions and do much of the same as you could with a tank, a healer, and 2 DPS companions. All in all, it doesn't really make much difference: a Shadow and either Trooper makes for an excellent combo.

For leveling, I would go with the commando over the Vanguard. It has more AOE abilities which will help against the mobs, and has range which is always nice as a bugger. Those things, along with the heals, end up helping you out quite a bit more than what rolling a VG would.

For leveling, I would go with the commando over the Vanguard. It has more AOE abilities which will help against the mobs, and has range which is always nice as a bugger. Those things, along with the heals, end up helping you out quite a bit more than what rolling a VG would.

This and also having concussion round for CC is great. Shadow only has the OOC stealth CC, concussion can be done in-combat to anything but CC immune mobs so having that for when you accidentally (or on purpose) facepull a group you aren't ready for being able to knock out a elite or champ while you clean everything else up can be huge.

Scoundrel has 2 CCs, but one is an OOC only one like the shadow's that's limited to humanoids only also like the shadow's, and they have the droid CC that can be done anytime, and for me I'd rather have the 1 universal that 2 situational.

I'd suggest going up Gunnery for your commando if you don't go pure heals because it's bonuses synergize with healing a little better thanks to the charged barrel stacking now effecting advanced medical probe. If you have the full 5 stacks AMP is essentially an instant cast heal while consuming those stacks, so if you need a quick heal in a pinch it's super handy.

If she sucks, she won't be a good tank Shadow, that's probably the most difficult tank to play in terms of things you have to pay attention to.

Here is what I did with my brother. You are, quite literally, almost impossible to kill for Silver mobs and some Golds as a Commando, my brother and our companions would beat on the mob while I held aggro and healed myself. For PvE, it's the best tanky/healer class. If you want DPS Healer, Scoundrel is for you.

God, I took down the world boss on Tatooine solo, it just took for ever lol. Commando for the win in my opinion, but I haven't played a Scoundrel.

I'd recommend a commando. I have played 5 flashpoints, all being the only healer. in my group. We beat all of them on the first try. The Commando might not be the most popularly used healer out there, but I have had no issues with healing in the midst of combat. Once you advance up the spec tree, it gets a lot easier.

I'd recommend a commando. I have played 5 flashpoints, all being the only healer. in my group. We beat all of them on the first try. The Commando might not be the most popularly used healer out there, but I have had no issues with healing in the midst of combat. Once you advance up the spec tree, it gets a lot easier.
How about as Gunnery DPS?

Thanks