Profanity

davkei

This is a suggestion thread not one to complain.

Since i got back to Swtor i notice that when i create a new toon on the server and start out on Tython there are alot of bad language, insulting in the general chat. I was amazed as i have never seen such bad chat climate in a mmo. Am i the only one that feels like this, or do you other fellow players have the same feeling or experience? Korriban is better but not all good and i have more imperial toons then republic. As an adult i can take it but what i think of is that there can be alot of younger players that reads the chat or have the chance to get insulted for asking regular questions. Is there anything we can do to improve this? Yes one can turn of the chat but the chat is a part of a mmo and shouldnt have to be avoided.

This is a suggestion thread not one to complain.

Since i got back to Swtor i notice that when i create a new toon on the server and start out on Tython there are alot of bad language, insulting in the general chat. I was amazed as i have never seen such bad chat climate in a mmo. Am i the only one that feels like this, or do you other fellow players have the same feeling or experience? Korriban is better but not all good and i have more imperial toons then republic. As an adult i can take it but what i think of is that there can be alot of younger players that reads the chat or have the chance to get insulted for asking regular questions. Is there anything we can do to improve this? Yes one can turn of the chat but the chat is a part of a mmo and shouldnt have to be avoided.

The profanity filter is there for a reason. If you do not like general chat then disable it. However, as long as people are not being demeaning or bullying then they are free to speak as they see fit.

I agree that topics in general chat is free and i dont mind as long is it not repulsive and offending anyone.

Yes sometimes the topics can be offensive believe me I have seen it but it is up to a person who is offended to take the required steps. This can mean disabling chat, profanity filter or putting people on ignore. To have general chat moderated 24/7 is counter productive in my opinion.