Advertising

theUndead

Ok this is not a rage post. but this is starting to pop up quite often on the forums and it's becoming annoying.

So lately I have seen people make threads about their perspective YouTube channels and what videos they are uploading as well as telling people to rate them and subscribe. Now i'm glad these people put effort into their videos and want to grow their fan base but I feel openly advertising yourself on the forums is not the correct way to go about it.

An example of this would be say a large channel like IGN made a video on a top ten of something naturally it would get many views and comments. But what also happens is that people spam the comments box with messages telling other viewers to view their channels, sub etc and most of the time people just flag it as spam.

The point i'm making is that to me it is somewhat in bad taste to use another companies forums to advertise yourself in threads because you are also giving another website free advertising and making people go to another site even if it is to do with the game then stay on it's website. Now I know some people feel the same as I do and most recently a person did what I described but a few other posters pointed out that is better to put the information in your signature rather then take up a whole thread. Now while I still think it should not be aloud at all this seems to be a decent compromise.

In short: Use your signatures if you going to advertise don't take up a whole thread as people view it as spam and annoying. Now tel me what you guys think.